Having stayed at many other places on the island decided to give this a try
Loved it and will return.
Stayed in suite 463 and was impressed immediately apon entering.Beautiful modern and antique decor.Loved the dark hardwood floors,the comfy bed,bright room,plantation shutters,view directly across of the cathedral,clean clean clean room.
On second floor was the open concept jacuzzi tub with wonderful views.
Would be hard pressed to stay in another room.It was very " sexy" room as a local described it to me.
Breakfast had nice variety and good coffee.Loved my morning boiled egg and English muffin.
The daily cookies and 24 hr coffee in lobby was a treat and the happy hour was nice touch.
Great location to walk all over town and appreciated the jogging map
Also appreciated the water in the lobby.
Loved that all the properties are all different and not cookie cutter big boxy motel type.
Not the cheapest option in town but the best.
Couple small points that aren't really a negative
Housekeeping should be a bit more attentive to details when cleaning room.Our shampoo was not replace along with the in room coffee and sugar.
Kleenex was never found in room.
Revellers can be heard on sidewalk late at night so if you are light sleeper you may not want room directly on George but this was not an issue for us ESP if all windows closed and AC is running you won't hear much.
Can't wait to stay here again and in same room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island