We stayed at thus unique Inn which is a complex of old homes restored as an Inn. We stayed in the 2 storey suite 643. Loved it. Down stairs had the king bed and seating area in front of the fireplace. The upstairs loft had a wonderful jacuzzi tub overlooking Great George Street and the basilica. The main lobby is very charming. Continental breakfast is served every morning. They have yummy fresh baked cookies from 3- midnight! This property is in the heart of Charlottetown and within 5 minute walk of most restaurants and bars. We did hear the bar patrons return to their homes at 2 am when we left the windows open. But this was not a deal breaker. Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island