The Great George
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
  • Pool
Delta Hotels Prince Edward(Charlottetown)
  • Pool
View Hotel
The Hotel on Pownal(Charlottetown)
Rodd Charlottetown(Charlottetown)
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)
Suites of Euston(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesmain buildinglow tablesmini quichestraditional roomfree happy hourbeer and wineunique hotellobby areacontinental breakfastwasher and dryereach eveningliving roomwithin walking distancefull kitchenstreet noiseking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have had the pleasure of staying at this remarkable hotel on many occasions and it just keeps getting better. Friendly, efficient and thoughtful staff do everything possible to make our visit to PEI a delightful experience. From the time you enter the beautiful lobby and smell the fresh cookies to the time you see the warm and comfortable room that you will enjoy, this is truly a one-of-a-kind hotel.

Room Tip: I haven't seen a bad one yet. Each room is different.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taffydog58
GG58GGS, Director of Sales at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Our goal is to create a wow experience for all our guests. So glad we had the chance to be your host again in Charlottetown!

Michelle

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were party of a larger wedding party staying at the Great George over Labour Day weekend. From the moment of our arrival until the moment we left we felt like we were at home. The welcoming atmosphere was appreciated after our long trip getting to the Island. Our hosts were helpful in all aspects of their work and made sure we had all the comforts of home.
Situated n the middle of everything we were able to enjoy all Charlottetown had to offer within walking distance.
We will certainly return again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

From the moment I arrived, I knew I'd not want to leave. The smell of freshly baked cookies enveloped the whole foyer. Check in was super easy and I was in my room in no time. The room was amazing, soft lighting, beautiful furnishings, the towels in the bathroom were actually nice, as were the Aveda toiletries. I do have to admit that it was a little noisy but nothing that would prevent me going back. The staff actually looked and sounded like they enjoyed working there, nothing was too much trouble. The extra miles taken with the cookies, fruit being readily available, chocolates and extra toiletries just added to the total enjoyment of this hotel. While there is no restaurant for dinner or lunch on site, the hotel is literally 2 minutes from the some of the most amazing restaurants, that you will want to eat at, using local produce. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
GG58GGS, Director of Sales at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

I wanted to say thank you for your review of our property and for your many kind remarks regarding the employees and the hotel! We hope you visit with us again soon!
Michelle

Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I were taking a "romantic fall getaway" vacation In Nova Scotia. This hotel was recommended to us as Perfect for our plans. The very pleasant and spacious lobby and common areas provided the perfect atmosphere for a relaxed wine social each afternoon, and for breakfast each morning. Our room was in the main building; it was very spacious and spotlessly clean; the bed was quite comfortable. The two greatest assets of this establishment are the superb staff - engaging, friendly, and helpful; and the location, in a pleasant neighborhood within walking distance of the waterfront, downtown, and restaurants. Had we not had so much we wanted to see in Nova Scotia and PEI we would have been very content to stay several days longer to prolong our very pleasant experience at The Great George. We couldn't image a better place to stay for the first stop in our Maritime getaway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I really cannot say more than what has already been said here previously when it comes to excellent comments! The staff were amazing and the setting was exceptional! We were there as a group for a sporting event and they hosted a special reception for us on the first night in the lobby area and even extended it for some of the late-comers! They also accommodated us for breakfast as we had to head out early each morning! We were made feel right at home while there. All of it adds up to the reason why they are #1!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family