“At Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Mississauga, Canada
“At Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were party of a larger wedding party staying at the Great George over Labour Day weekend. From the moment of our arrival until the moment we left we felt like we were at home. The welcoming atmosphere was appreciated after our long trip getting to the Island. Our hosts were helpful in all aspects of their work and made sure we had all the comforts of home.
Situated n the middle of everything we were able to enjoy all Charlottetown had to offer within walking distance.
We will certainly return again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, I knew I'd not want to leave. The smell of freshly baked cookies enveloped the whole foyer. Check in was super easy and I was in my room in no time. The room was amazing, soft lighting, beautiful furnishings, the towels in the bathroom were actually nice, as were the Aveda toiletries. I do have to admit that it was a little noisy but nothing that would prevent me going back. The staff actually looked and sounded like they enjoyed working there, nothing was too much trouble. The extra miles taken with the cookies, fruit being readily available, chocolates and extra toiletries just added to the total enjoyment of this hotel. While there is no restaurant for dinner or lunch on site, the hotel is literally 2 minutes from the some of the most amazing restaurants, that you will want to eat at, using local produce. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GG58GGS, Director of Sales at The Great George, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I wanted to say thank you for your review of our property and for your many kind remarks regarding the employees and the hotel! We hope you visit with us again soon!
Michelle
Madison, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I were taking a "romantic fall getaway" vacation In Nova Scotia. This hotel was recommended to us as Perfect for our plans. The very pleasant and spacious lobby and common areas provided the perfect atmosphere for a relaxed wine social each afternoon, and for breakfast each morning. Our room was in the main building; it was very spacious and spotlessly clean; the bed was quite comfortable. The two greatest assets of this establishment are the superb staff - engaging, friendly, and helpful; and the location, in a pleasant neighborhood within walking distance of the waterfront, downtown, and restaurants. Had we not had so much we wanted to see in Nova Scotia and PEI we would have been very content to stay several days longer to prolong our very pleasant experience at The Great George. We couldn't image a better place to stay for the first stop in our Maritime getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I really cannot say more than what has already been said here previously when it comes to excellent comments! The staff were amazing and the setting was exceptional! We were there as a group for a sporting event and they hosted a special reception for us on the first night in the lobby area and even extended it for some of the late-comers! They also accommodated us for breakfast as we had to head out early each morning! We were made feel right at home while there. All of it adds up to the reason why they are #1!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed here twice for business now, and could not love the Great George any more - this is hands-down, one of the best places I've had the opportunity to stay at.

The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the location is fantastic (within walking distance to the waterfront, downtown locations and a wide range of incredible restaurants), and the rooms are spectacular. Each room is a bit different, and furnished to perfection. The rooms are also very quiet, making for restful sleep. The lobby area is great as well - ample, and comfortable, seating, fireplace, and a great breakfast selection make this a great place to meet up with colleagues or friends, and to get work done in the evening.

The quality of the service, the reasonable prices, and the beautiful property make this a winner in my books - I would not hesitate to recommend the Great George to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChantalF01
GG58GGS, Director of Sales at The Great George, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Chantal,

We look forward to your return visit. Be sure to let us know if you have any suggestions that will improve your experience. The highest form of flattery is to recommend or refer our service to others. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow readers.

Michelle
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My Mom and I spent 3 nights at the hotel this July (2012) and enjoyed it very much. My Mom has difficulty walking but was able to walk to restaurants, the waterfront and the theater no problem because everything was so close. There are also a lot of benches along the way where we could take rest stops. Parking can be a real problem in Charlottetown, so being walking distance to downtown locations is a real bonus. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and we met some great guests at breakfast. We stayed in the main hotel, and the only downside of our room location was that we heard late night revellers outside on the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room location if street noise bothers you at night.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

…are the four words I would use to describe my stay. The courtesy, smiles, “no worries” attitude, go out of their way gestures of the staff, is nothing less than refreshing, and most certainly, welcoming.

From when I first opened the door to my room and found a very charming setting that took me back in time or my first morning when I was offered healthy and hearty foods to help kick start my day including the very best coffee - EVER, to lounging on the very bestest couch after a long day unwinding with a glass of wine by the fire with candles listening to great music...It was enchanting!!

As you arrive, you will smell the freshly baked home-made cookies that just came out of the oven. These are offered daily- yep, just walk by and take as many as your heart desires. Truly an aromatic experience.

You can tell that each and every one of the staff from Rachel by day to Kevin by night, is happy to make sure you have what you need to 'feel at home'.

I am thrilled and feel blessed that I had the opportunity to experience the Inn and get to know some amazing staff there as well. I can’t wait to come back! Two thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business