We stayed at the Great George Hotel in early October of this year (2012) after a week in New York to celebrate our Ruby Wedding anniversary and the difference in service and the quality of the hotel was immediately obvious. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the hotel had a very welcoming atmosphere. The hotel is made of of several buildings, all looking like separate houses which was quite unusual after the normal rush found in most hotel reception areas. We were in the main building and had very pleasant room on the first floor and our relatives stayed in one of the other buildings which seemed to consist of the whole of the upstairs. The breakfast buffet was served in the lounge area which was a pleasant change from sitting in a crowded restaurant as is the norm and the furnishings of leather sofas and real wood added a homely feel. There was an early evening "Happy Hour" which was very unusual in that you could have a glass of wine, beer or soft drink free if charge and tea and coffee are also available throughout the day. There are a variety of good quality restaurants within easy walking distance and the staff are happy to suggest several options. Free wi-fi is available in the rooms if you need it with a PC and printer located just off the lounge if you need to print your boarding cards. In my business life I spent many years staying at different hotels across the world but can honestly say that this was one of the most enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island