This hotel is located in the perfect spot in the happening area of Charlottetown. Lots of boutique style shopping, great outdoor cafes, etc.
The rooms are very spacious and the people and service are outstanding. As for pricing, a little pricey, but you won't find this sort of room for less money. The one night was noisy (we fronted Great George Street...some people were drinking to much and loud out front), the second night was very quiet. I would as for a room not fronting onto Great George Street to avoid any noise.
We were given a nice bottle of wine upon arrival and the rest of the stay was good. Definitely agree with another review...."this is the only place to stay on PEI!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island