“Words Can Never Truly Describe The Over The Top Accomodations and Service”
Review of The Great George

The Great George
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I am just wrapping up a week at the Great George and cannot emphasize enough what a positive experience this has been. Rachel Vidito, the General Manager and her amazing staff set a world class standard for customer service, combined with accomodations and a setting that supposed 5 star hotels could learn something from.
I had the privilege of meeting the owner, Kevin Murphy whose vision to create this unique property and set a new benchmark for the lost art of true customer service must be applauded.
Do not hesitate to experience staying here; I guarantee you will be as impressed as I have been. I have never written a review on any hotel in my life; but felt compelled to "spread the word" on this piece of paradise....and I will be back!

Room Tip: Unique rooms and accomodations with a wide variety of options. Some of the "rooms" are act...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dan S
Rachel V, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Dear Dan S,

Thank you taking the time to share your Great George experience and `spread the word`! I am extremely proud of the staff here at The Great George - their commitment to Guest Service and going the extra mile for our guests - and I really appreciate your feedback.

It was absolutely our pleasure having you stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Rachel

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed in the Witter-Coombs 3 bedroom suite last night. WOW---an excellent accommodation!! Tons of bedroom space, great common area, cute kitchenette and a spacious full bath on the main level and 2 person shower on the top floor. Great place to stay with a few other couples or as a family needing its space from each other!! The staff were friendly and called the suite about 10 mins after we arrived to ensure everything was satisfactory!! How's that for service? That's never happened to me during a "hotel chain" stay! Morning breakfast was delicious! The mini quiches were my favorite!! Give the GG a try for Charlottetown! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ScottieDog8
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here a while back and Im just now catching up on all my reviews....Sorry. This is very nice hotel. It is a nice location and walking distance from all the in town places. I would most definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank JaxsonAZ
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I recently had an extended stay at the Great George on business and in the last 3 years it was simply the best accommodations and experience I have ever enjoyed. I can say that I actually came home relaxed from a two week business trip. The staff at the Great George went out of their way to make each and every guest feel welcome to a home away from home. From the comfortable great room lobby area to the quality rooms, the staff and ownership of the Great George have really mastered the formula of hospitality. It came right down to all the staff, from the front desk to the grounds crew - how many hotels will take the time to scrape off your vehicles windshield after a night of frost. If you are looking for comfort, friendly and professional staff at a reasonable cost then look no farther than Charlottetown's jewel, the Great George.

Room Tip: Room 165 (just completed Spring of 2011)was ideal for an extended stay -with a full kitchen, extra l...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel B
GG58GGS, Director of Sales at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear Daniel B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Great George in Charlottetown PEI with fellow travellers. I am delighted to hear that you found our team to be friendly and helpful. We are extremely proud of our entire team’s commitment to providing our cherished guests with excellent service. As you noted we do scrape our guests windows in the morning, for us it's all part of the overall guest experience. I do hope you had the opportunity to take advantage of our complimentary guest reception. We thank you again for your kind comments and for choosing The Great George. We look forward to seeing you hopefully in the near future.

Michelle Westaway

Reviewed February 10, 2012

We'd decided to have our mid-winter time off as a "stay-cation", but got the itch for an overnight getaway to Charlottetown PEI. I'd seen an advertisement for the GG in a magazine and we decided to give it a try. I booked a standard traditional room as all the "romantic" rooms were booked, but had the lady who took the reservation note that as our reason for visiting in case one came available. When we checked in: Wow! We were upgraded to one of their best romantic rooms at no extra charge. We were even allowed to extend our stay in the room for an additional night. The room was great, the service fantastic and friendly. We had about 10" of snow during our stay. One of the staff even helped me clean my car off the day we left and I can't say enough good things about the front desk staff! We will certainly return.

Room Tip: ask for the top corner room in the main building for space and romance, it has an in-room couples tu...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nwilliams029
GG58GGS, Director of Sales at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with friends and fellow travellers. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay so much you decided to stay another night. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Charlottetown and The Great George!

Michelle

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed in a "Romantic Hideaway Suite" and had a wonderful time! The suite was very large, very clean, and very quiet. The view of St. Dunstan's Church across Great George Street was an added bonus. Fireplace and jacuzzi added to the experience, as did the wonderful bed and spacious room. Honestly, if you're looking to stay in downtown Charlottetown, you will not find a better location, and a nicer inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MattandBee
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Great George! Our room was huge and very well appointed. Aside of the charming hotel, it's the staff that makes it excellent! They went out of their way to make our stay perfect. The manager was super friendly and the girls at the front desk were always helpful. They mapped out routes for us to drive each day on the island, making sure to note places to stop that we might otherwise have passed by. When we arrived to late for happy hour one night, the staff gave us free wine and beer to take to our room. The cookies that they put out each night were also fantastic! We would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple