Elmwood Heritage Inn
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
$120
$125
Hotels.com
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$70
$147
Rodd Charlottetown(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
$164
$128
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
$189
$179
  • Pool
All reviewscunard suitepremier suitesqueezed orange juicefrench toastour honeymoonother gueststheatre ticketsprince edward islandfine chinadietary needsgracious hostsfood allergieseach morningfour nightswealth of informationdelicious breakfastbeach towels
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to PEI with my boyfriend and my parents, to celebrate their 30th anniversary. Since my mom was big fan of the story "Anne and green gables", I wanted to pick up the prettiest b&b in various choice for her to feel like Anne Shirley in the story.
And when we arrived there, it turned out that I did my right choice; Elmwood heritage inn looked awesome and super lovely from outside and inside!! full of flowers everywhere (even in wall papers!), beds covered with hand made patchwork quilt, curtains with fancy frills, beautiful old woody furniture... it was filled with charm of PEI, totally amazing.
And not only the Inn itself, but also owners, Carol and Jay were awesome as well; were always smiley and gentle, helped us a lot to reserve/plan touristic sites, served us delicious breakfast (especially hot biscuit and home made jam were excellent!), gave us short drive and guiding in Charlottetown... Thanks to them and I definitely come back there if I visit PEI again!!

Room Tip: We took "The Peake Suite" room with 4 adults (me, my boyfriend, my parents) and it was perfect! with kitchen, fireplace, and relaxing living room with sunny bow window. It was good price too; 2 adults for 170-220$, plus each additional person for 25$!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

There are so many b and b's to choose from in PEI...and we found what we believe to be the best! Here's why: 1) Gracious AND informative hosts, Jay and Carol 2) lovely rooms (not sure what our room was called...but queen suite on the 2nd floor) 3) terrific breakfasts 4) great location to both downtown and central to all the areas of the island.

Staying at the Elmwood...made our vacation to PEI even more special than it already was. Thanks Jay and Carol!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We didn't want to share this....but the Elmwood Heritage Inn and its superb stewards Carol and Jay offer one of the most understatedly elegant B&B experiences we've encountered. From the treasure that is their home to the wonderful location, near enough yet away from the madding throngs of Charlottetown in summer, to the presence of genuinely hospitable and endlessly resourceful hosts: staying at the Elmwood is a sublime delight in every respect.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband & I had the pleasure of spending our first night as a married couple at Elmwood this past weekend. We were greeted by the lovely hosts, Carol & Jay, who are two of the friendliest and sweetest people we've met. After a little chat, Carol showed us up to our room. We were in a gorgeous 3 room suite complete with bottle of champagne, chocolates and a big jacuzzi. Carol took the time to show us around the room and explained how everything worked from the tv remotes to the hot tub. She asked what time we would like breakfast in the morning and then left us to be. We immediately dived into the champagne and chocolates which was such a nice touch. The jacuzzi was the perfect way to unwind after a hectic but fun weekend. We decided to pick out a movie from the vaste selection - Forrest Gump. We climbed into the comfy bed and curled up. It was the perfect way to relax. The following morning we entered the dining room for breakfast. The table was full of guests chatting away. As we had a very busy weekend of chatting non stop, we both felt a little overwhelmed with joining the large table. Luckily, Carol suggested we find a seat at another vacant table tucked away in the corner. We gladly sat down and awaited the delicious breakfast. Started off with good, strong coffee and freshly squeezed Orange Juice. Followed by a fresh fruit bowl with special orange yogurt sauce. Then the main - French Toast with grand marnier orange sauce and 3 strips of tasty bacon. DELICIOUS! Thank you so much Carol & Jay. You are incredible hosts and your attention to detail is amazing. We felt honored to stay here and would encourage anyone - whether you're visiting from away or looking for a retreat on PEI - this is the place to stay! This historic Prince Edward Island home will blow you away.

Room Tip: 3 room suite on second floor has big jacuzzi and is close to the collection of DVDs
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hosts were very helpful and welcoming us. Parking was close by. We really enjoyed the delightful and carefully prepared breakfasts. They were delicious. Host even borrowed us the pass to get into national park, beach towels, umbrella and chairs as we head out to Cavendish for a day trip.

We stayed here 3 nights on the 3rd floor and it's quite far with lots of stairs for my two toddlers and a newborn and my poor hubby has to carry up a couple luggages up as we flew from Edmonton. The room could be better with less furniture and carpets and I think and the bathroom needs some baking soda to clear up the old humid smell. Overall the stay was ok but it's overpriced for what it is. It is by far the most expensive portion of our 12 days trip to the Maritimes.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family