“Awesome evening and awesome entertainment”

The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse
Ranked #37 of 257 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Awesome evening and awesome entertainment
We went to this pub on a Thursday evening, so you have two great things going for you, the steak special and the entertainment.
We were in a group of four and each ordered the steak and all asked for it to be cooked differently. Every meal came out perfect and cooked exactly as requested. Simply put, one of the best steaks I have ever ate in Charlottetown.
As for the music, Vintage 2.0 was a highlight to the evening. They were able to get the crowd into the fun that they were having fun entertaining us. Requests from guests were handled amazing well and a great night was had by all.
All and all this is a great place to head out to have a drink, a meal, and/or great music.

2  Thank montanajohnca

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved this intimate venue for a wedding reception we were attending. Thestaff were very friendly and accomodating considering the number of people in attendance. The food was simply delicious and plenty of it! the entertainment was a live band and the sound in the room was nothing short of amazing!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I were at the Triangle last year and loved it so much that we came back for more this year. Like the title says their curry and chips is awesome! My wife had nachos last year and loved them so much she had them again this year. My only complaint would be the locally brewed blueberry beer was gross. It looked like red PEI mud and tasted like a cooler except it was flat. I probably would have enjoyed it better had someone told me it wasn't beer.

We'll be back...just not for the blueberry beer=:)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

What pub closes their kitchen at 10pm... seriously.... OMG. Not impressed. Loud, annoying guests, wish we could have actually eaten.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

A meh lunch, with the worst and least generous spinach salad ever. Boxty was fine. Baked beans too sweet. Poor selection of beer. Not much more to say -- oh; it was air conditioned, which was appreciated on the hot day that it was.

Old_Triangle_PEI, Owner at The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hi Venice 18,

Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointing experience in our pub. I will review your feedback with our kitchen and service teams immediately to address these concerns with your spinach salad, boxty and beans.

As for the beer selection, we have 20 offerings on tap with a mixture of regional and national favourites, Irish Imports and two craft style selections from two PEI breweries. I'm sorry we didn't have something to please you this visit but if you have any brands you might like to see let me know. We may be able to add them to our offerings.

Sincere apologies once again and I hope that you may give us another opportunity to show you a great experience at The Old Triangle in Charlottetown in the future.

All the best,