“Great value for clean rooms and great breakfast”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed June 28, 2014

All we needed was a clean place to stay for our 1 night in Charlottetown before taking the ferry to Nova Scotia. We found the Comfort Inn to be a great night's stay. It is approx 2.5 miles from the center of town, but makes up for the distance in cleanliness of rooms and friendliness of staff. Also, it had a great breakfast with cereal, yogurt, fruit, waffles, eggs, and bacon.

Of note, there were no elevators and the steps were only located on the ends of the building. Slightly inconvenient, especially if you have much luggage.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erin M
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi Erin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our newly renovated property. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with our "New Level of Comfort." All the staff and myself appreciate your compliments regarding service, location, cleanliness and breakfast. Kind guests like you certainly make this job a breeze. We all hope to see you on your next island adventure.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were in this Comfort inn first week June 2014 for 3 nights. The hotel is well located near to all facilities you need including visiting downtown Charlottetown.

Lobby, corridors, room, bath, linen, outdoor all are well kept and clean. The front office staff very responsive, friendly and cooperative.

The complementary breakfast was very good and the staff there exceptionally friendly and supportive.

We traveled all around the Island but still could get the hotel in 1-2 hours for any reason. It was very satisfying stay well worth.

We certainly love to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Shawna G, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property

I would very much like to thank you for leaving such a stellar review. Complete guest satisfaction is our top priority. Anything less is not the Comfort Inn Charlottetown way. Our "New Level of Comfort" is the product our guests deserve and it is really going over well, we are happy you were no exception. On behalf of all the staff thank you for all your compliments. We very much look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here for one night after a long constantly delayed flight to Charlottetown. The woman at reception was very nice and accommodating. The hotel does not have an elevator and I had multiple heavy bags, so she was able to switch me to a ground level room so I did not have to lug everything up the stairs. The room I stayed in was renovated - nice bathroom and bed, but it smelled like smoke (in her defence - I did not specify non-smoking, and it may have been the only room left on the ground floor). There wasn't much options for breakfast - I ended up eating a slice of toast. The hot breakfast was in a small room off the seating area, which I thought could be displayed in a more accessible way.

Overall, the room was clean, the staff were friendly - I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

The staff and I very much appreciate your kind words and excited to hear that you would stay at our property again. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction, so please do not hesitate to reach out us and let us know how we can bring your "Level of Comfort" to an even higher level. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charlottetown.

Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I normally don't stay here when in Charlottetown. However, due to the normal place I stay in being full, I decided to give it a try again here.

My previous experience had not been positive...............just a normal budget C.I. - nothing that great.

However, I had a great surprise this time. The room was nicely renovated and everything was new.

The breakfast had had a big improvement as well.

I will say, I still don't get it why any hotel with more than one floor does not have an elevator. You have to drag your baggage up the steps.......................Yes, you can stay on the ground level, but there are no windows that open..........just a sliding glass door on the ground level.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

The staff and I really appreciate your kind words and we are glad to hear you were impressed with our "New Level of Comfort". We do have a few king rooms on ground level that have a window rather than the patio doors. We would be happy to give you one of those rooms for your next trip over. Please don't hesitate to mention it when reserving. As one of our guests your 100% satisfaction is our goal . The staff and I hope to see you on your next trip to Charlottetown.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel has been recently renovated and the rooms are fairly roomy and the bathrooms nice. The staff is excellent (especially Jessicah!) and are ready to help with guest requests. Their "hot breakfast" is a little dodgy, as it seems precooked and microwaved on the premises, but they have great Belgian waffle makers. It's not a huge buffet, but with cereal, fruit, yoghurt and other items, you can get a decent breakfast in. Ideally located near the airport, you'll require a vehicle to get in to downtown where there is a better selection of restaurants. The hotel was very quiet except for one night when a high school team from out of province stayed, but the halls were clear and quiet by 11pm. We stayed for two weeks as we were working nearby and would definitely stay again under the same circumstances.

Room Tip: You may want to check to see if any teams have booked in and if you can get a room away from the act...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danrobe2007
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

Hi Danrobe, thanks very much for leaving us these great scores and for choosing to stay at our location for 2 weeks! The staff and I very much appreciate this. Teams and High Schools can be challenging and we very much appreciate your understanding. I'm very glad to hear that the staff went above and beyond for you, exceptional guest service will always be our top priority. The staff and I look forward to crossing paths with you again on your travels.

Shawna Grandjean

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was travelling on business to PEI & chose to stay @ the comfort inn Charlottetown. The 2 day stay was exceptional The staff so very friendly & happy, the newly renovated Inn was so clean & inviting..I stay @ many hotels in Canada & the US, usually on business & this stay was the most pleasing that I have ever experienced. My next business trip to Charlottetown will include a cozy peaceful stay @ the comfort inn Elizabeth C

Room Tip: I always like the drive up entrances, very easy to bring all your things into the room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Shawna G, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

What a wonderful review to start our day Elizabeth. Thank you so much. Guests like yourself give all the staff such a pleasant workday. our "New Level of Comfort" is really bringing a unique and comfortable experience for all our guests and they absolutely deserve that! I'm glad your stay was no exception. We will happily await your next stay with us. On behalf of all the staff and myself thank you so much.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

For a moderate priced hotel, this has far surpassed our expectations. Very clean and newly renovated.....friendly and helpful staff and a lovely hot breakfast that is prepared for you upon request. One of the best breakfasts at this type of hotel ...I have had. Close to downtown Charlottetown and shopping at your backdoor and close to lots of restaurants. Comfort Inn has done a classy job of their renovations
Highly recommend/
Lois V-B

Room Tip: Ask for a drive up room as easy access to load and unload. Ifyou need that service.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank chppy

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Thank you so much Lois for your wonderful comments on our "New Level of Comfort". The staff and I certainly appreciate exceptional guests like yourself. Our guests deserve a Comfortable and Classy experience. I'm glad that was the case for you! See you on your next trip over.