Everything about this hotel was pleasing. The kind message and extra supplies left outside our door while our DnD sign was up, the front desk staff who know you by name, the breakfast that is good enough to be served as-is after 10 for a price (it's restaurant quality), the room itself. It was all pleasant. I enjoyed seeing my family so happy with our stay.
The front desk staff was so kind. You guys should stay here over others. Downtown is a very nice 10 minute walk, and right now Canada is celebrating its 150 year confederation, which began in 1864 on PEI. There is a 70 day party going on right now, and the Quality Inn is right up the street from the party!
PS: Not sure if it is written anywhere else, but there is a pretty hefty toll to drive off the island: $45 Canadian. If you are coming via cruise, get ready for much steeper prices. On top of that, the current exchange rate will surprise you in a not-so-pleasant way.
Finally, the only negative I have about the hotel: the wifi was so slow at night when the hotel sold out, I had to give up. We were doing a free-spirited road trip, and I had to book a room every night for the next leg of the journey. Sometimes that makes a big difference, but it worked out okay--I just got up early the next day, and no lag at all.
Have fun--we sure did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites Downtown is located in the heart of Charlottetown just a short walk to many local attractions, including the Confederation Centre of the Arts, Province House, the waterfront, shopping and restaurants. The Charlottetown Driving Park & Casino are only a five minute drive. The Charlottetown Boardwalk meanders along the shoreline, allowing visitors to stroll along its pathways, relax on a park bench or enjoy a picnic on the water. Stay with us we provide FREE of charge: free Hot Breakfast Buffet, free WIFI, free coffee station in lobby, free Parking and Business Centre. We also offer guests free CARI Pool passes featuring two pools, waterslide, diving boards & fitness room a five minute drive from the hotel. We are a 30 minute drive from Anne of Green Gables Historic site and the famous Cavendish Beach. Our Award winning Golf courses are a short drive away and a must while on our beautiful Island. Quality service and Quality rates stay with us while on PEI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Charlottetown
- Quality Inn And Suites
- Quality Inn Charlottetown
- Charlottetown Quality Inn
- Quality Inn & Suites Downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island