“Alison Mills & Rodd Royalty ”
Review of Rodd Royalty

Rodd Royalty
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Alison Mills for your 5+ services you provided to us. We highly recommend this Hotel because of service we have got and highest level of attitude with customers and warm reception made us feel like home. We want to come back there again and again and recommend to all our friends this Hotel. As number 1 in PEI. We leave 5+. Heartfelt Thank you Alison Mills. Sincerely yours Zinchuk Family

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gusavka
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review after your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty. I am very proud of the level of service all of the staff provide and you can be assured that I will share this with Alison and the rest of the staff personally.

Thank you for recommending the Rodd Royalty to fellow travellers when they go to Charlottetown.

There are newer reviews for Rodd Royalty

Reviewed October 22, 2013

John D., Antigonish, Nova Scotia
We recently spent 4 nights at the Rodd Royalty and were very pleased with our stay. Staff were all very friendly and helpful with whatever we needed. A special thank you to the housekeeping staff, they were top notch! We found the beds to be extremely comfortable and the rooms were clean. We found the room rates to be very reasonable. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We have a fantastic housekeeping team that always looks to go above and beyond to make sure your hotel room is the cleanest you have ever stayed in.

We receive a lot of great feedback about our beds and appreciate you sharing your experience with fellow travellers.

Thank you once again for choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We chose this hotel for several reasons--location and rates were good, but the fact that we were traveling to PEI for the marathon and the fact that this hotel offered a 5 p.m. checkout made it very appealing. We were very satisfied with the updated rooms, the amenities, the friendliness of the staff and general appearance of the motel. The one drawback of the place was the timing of the hot breakfast--those participating in the marathon needed to be out and on the road by 7, which was when the hot breakfast serving began. Toast and cereal were provided, but a more nutritious meal would have been better. I should also like to see whole grain bread and bagels offered, only white was available at the time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review after your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty. I am very happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us.

Great suggestion about our breakfast buffet. You can be assured that we will be open at 6 AM next year on the day of the marathon with a full breakfast that will be sure to give you the energy you need for your run.

Thanks again for the great review and choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in the motel area. The room was clean but there was a strong musty smell when I first entered. Well stocked room with microwave and refrigerator. Fresh towels and comfortable bed. Breakfast buffet was well stocked and maintained.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Marina K
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I find it interesting that some reviewers commented that the bed was comfortable. My husband and I have traveled a lot, and this was one of the most uncomfortable beds we have ever slept in. There was no support whatsoever. We rolled into the middle and we are not heavy people. I ended up sleeping the night on the floor. We called the front desk the next morning, and I must commend the staff. They were wonderful. They switched us to another room with two single beds. They were still uncomfortable: way, way, way too soft with no support. I am sure it is the wonderful staff that keeps people coming back. Unfortunately, the breakfast was terrible as well. We will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank magnoliagrandiflora
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with fellow travellers after your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty.

I am sorry to hear you did not get a great night sleep. You are correct the majority of our guests do rave about our beds. However; everyone has their personal preference when it comes to their bed. Unfortunately we offer the same style of mattress in every room.

I am glad our staff did their best to accommodate you.

Thank you very much for choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My little dog was scheduled to have an operation to fix a hernia at the Atlantic Veterinary College Hospital, so it was a stressful time. The Rodd Royalty had been recommended, and I'm very pleased that it was. It was incredibly convenient in terms of getting to the hospital and also for me to get to the Mall and downtown Charlottetown while I tried to fill in the hours during his operation and recuperation. Although the Rodd is on a main thoroughfare, our room was astonishingly quiet. We were in the motel section, and there were windows on both sides of the room, making the room bright and airy. A huge bonus for me was that I could open a window and sleep in fresh air! I liked the room and will most certainly ask for the same room again.

Room Tip: The room in the motel section was bright and airy with windows on two sides. Because I was travelli...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Banny B
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us during a very stressful trip.

Many of our guests enjoy the convenience that our Drive-Up rooms offer.

Thank you once again for taking time to complete a review and choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights in mid September. The rooms were nice, clean and comforable esepcially the beds. The only problems was soon when you open the door there was an odour. There was no freshness and rather a smelly odour like smelly feet whether it was the carpet or something.

Also, the rooms were separate like a motel. I am used to being in hotels so when breakfast comes in this case you needs to get coats as you have to come outside especailly on a cool day to get your contientntal breakfast in the main building. The buffett breakfast was good but get early there otherwise the food goes fast. Overall nice but a bit pricey consideraing other hotels nearby such as the Holiday Express Inn and you are not exactly in downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ed S
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to have our house keeping team address issues noted in your feedback.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay in one of our Drive-Up guest rooms. We will do our best to contact you personally so we can make sure your room preference is listed in your guest profile.

Thank you for choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown.