“Excellent, customer service.....”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Kentville, Canada
“Excellent, customer service.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

To Jane,Taylor, the lady in housekeeping ,and the gentleman who checked me in thank you.Mr.Jones your staff are wonderful, always remember its your staff that make your place what it is. Thank you for a pleasant stay! I will be back for sure,

I came to PEI on the 17th of April 2013 for my dog had to go to the Vet College. I was very impressed with the hotel and awesome staff. Growing up and working in a family business I've learned, customer service is number one. I have to say, the staff at the Rodd made me feel right at home,from the time I checked in to even after I had checked out. I left some things behind and when I return a few days later I stopped In. Everyone there was all asking how my dog was doing, it was great, it's the little things like that, that make for repeated customers. Making someone feel like they're not just another person, yet someone you've known for more then a day. I think being genuinely 'taken care of" is something that we as customers are receiving less and less of now a days.
I stayed in the loft suite it was perfect, very clean, up to date and the price was well worth it. We went to the lounge for a few drinks staff (Taylor) awesome customer service. He stayed opened pass the closing time and never once made us feel like we were taking up his time. I have been in places in my home town where at 5 to they are pretty much pushing you out the door,he never did, it was greatly appreciate. Breakfast was v. good, fitness room and pool very clean and nice.. Thanks for everything and making me feel right at home :-) I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Had an end loft suite was very pleased with it, heard no noise,rooms were up to date, very clean, wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff at the Rodd Royalty are second to none. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at Rodd Royalty under #333682 - have stayed there before usually with a function in June through The PEI Roadbuilders & Heavy Construction Association, but have until now normally stayed elsewhere in Charlottetown.

I will be back - the service was very friendly, offered a free fax service to me, the rate was good, room great, and having a full hot breakfast included was a real bonus instead of the usual coffee and a muffin elsewhere.

Jake Urquhart -President
Urquhart-MacDonald & Associates

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty. I appreciate your feedback about the many services we are able to offer our business travellers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

On our day of check out we had a 6 p.m. flight, the person on the front desk did not even hesitate when we asked to stay in our room awhile after check out time. We were told we were welcome to stay right up until the time we needed to leave for the airport. We stayed in this hotel for 5 days and everything was excellent, all of the staff were cheerful and helpful at all times. If we ever return to PEI we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty. I am glad our front desk was able to accomodate your late check out request.

I am sure we will see you again when you travel to Charlottetown again.
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Outstanding value. I am a recently retired business traveller. This hotel offers very good value. Rooms are somewhat small, but are made up by very high end furnishings. Very impressive. Indoor pool and waterslide were great for our grandaughter. Breakfast was outstanding; not the normal continental fare that you get elsewhere; had scrambled eggs and bacon, and actually very tasty coffee. Staff was excellent and they are pet friendly (even Fido loved the place).

Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty. I am glad you were able to enjoy our indoor pool and waterslide.

You can be assured that I will share your feedback with my staff.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.
Courtice, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was really impressed with the hotel and its awesome staff. This was the first trip home in 32 years, and everyone great. Stayed in the loft suite which was perfect. Comfortable beds and couches. Update TV's. Pool and Hot tub were nice. Gym had everything you need for workouts. Wish it could have been a longer stay but next time I know I will be using this hotel. Thanks

Room Tip: Loft suite is definitely the way to go unless you cannot get up and down stairs very well
1 Thank Marc C
Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of your stay at the Rodd Royalty. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this property for both business and pleasure and suffice to say it exceeded my expectations both times. This visit was a planned family weekend! I had booked their March Break Special in one of their renovated family rooms. Great room with exceptional value. Perhaps the biggest upside for this property are the staff. Everyone we came in to contact with eager to please, the two most notable are Jonathan on the front desk and Mike in maintenance. It's the small things that make a difference and this property offers the attention to detail required by most. A perfect example of this was, us forgetting to set our clocks ahead the hour we needed to - and yes there were reminder notices placed in the room, but hey we were on vacation! We arrived at breakfast at 10am, which we thought was 9am, and the service staff welcomed us with open arms. Most would of said tough luck, but the Royalty staff did not and worked their brunch set up around us. Great job and certainly appreciated. The kids are asking about our next trip already!

Jamie

Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

You can be assured I will share your feedback with the rest of my team.

We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to Charlottetown.
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Booked the room for step daughters 13th birthday with a few of her friends,they loved the pool/waterside and the help yourself breakfast .Stay went great ,staff very friendly and helpful to all our needs more than happy to help and please,great clean,up to date room

Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty with fellow travellers.

I am glad your daughter enjoyed spending her birthday with us.

Our extra large suites, indoor pool, and hot tub are a great way to celebate a birthday.