“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Nova Scotia
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

we stayed here for two nights for a hockey tournament. The property was easy to find and had ample parking. Check in was quick easy friendly. The elevator is slow and small. This hotel is cut up into many wings but it was easy to find out room. The room itself was nice. Bathroom was tiny. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. My only complaint was that our particular room look directly at the roof. I mean 3 feet away was the roof and you could not see anything else. The hot breakfast buffet was above any other I have seen. Check out was quick. The staff was friendly. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose a room that ends in 16, in particular 316, if any kind of view what-so-ever i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of the Rodd Royalty after your recent stay.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We decided to go to Charlottetown for a night, the Rodd Royalty had the best prices and a nice looking pool. Very impressed, friendly staff, great rooms (all recently renovated) and very clean. The pool was nice, large pool, hot tub, water slide, and workout room. Overall a really great experience no complaints!

1 Thank Angi H
Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to review the Rodd Royalty after your recent trip to Charlottetown. I am very glad that you enjoyed our renovated rooms, friendly staff and indoor pool.

We will see you again on your next trip to Charlottetown.
Alberton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nice room (two story loft) , lots of space when travelling with three kids and hockey equipment. Kids enjoyed the pool, and free hot breakfast was great in the mornings. Great location close to everything, and friendly staff

1 Thank Joel B
Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, January 16, 2013

I am glad to here your family enjoyed their stay while they were at a hockey tournament in Charlottetown.

Kids love our indoor pool and water slide.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty on your next trip to Charlottetown.
Dieppe, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hotel was recently renovated with tasteful, modern decor. Very clean, friendly efficient staff. Gym actually has some free weights! Close to shopping, restaurants. 5 minutes from downtown & water front. Lots of options at free breakfast. Large ho ttub and indoor pool with water slide. Stayed here multiple times from May-Sept 2012 and will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Craig J, Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty with fellow travellers.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our many hotel ammenities such as the restaurant, pool, and fitness facility.

On behalf of the staff of the Rodd Royalty we look forward to welcoming you back to Charlottetown when you travel again.
NEW BRUNSWICK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just arrived from two night stay. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Rooms were clean and very nicely renovated. Breakfast buffet was delicious and the children enjoyed the pool. Will definitely stay here again, probably over Christmas.

1 Thank teach73NewBrunswick
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to review the Rodd Royalty after your recent stay.

We are very glad to hear your family and hockey team enjoyed your stay. I'm sure they enjoyed our indoor pool and water slide.

I hope your children enjoyed the mini-sticks we give out at check in and the hospitality room we give to the teams.

I am glad to hear you will be staying with us again over the holidays.

Safe travels.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

From the minute I walked in the door and my check in took 1 minute to the perfect bed and quiet night this Motel is a super place to stay. In Montreal this would be a $300 a night hotel. Everything is new in the room and the staff were fantastic. I would stay here again and again. Boston Pizza right across the road is a nice bonus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review of the Rodd Royalty.

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and were able to enjoy the great restaurants located minutes from the hotel.

On behalf of the staff and myself we look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown again.

Thank you.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Overall I was pleased with The motel unit I rented from this Establishment, The staff was friendly and courteous and the rooms were beyond what I had expected.

I have stayed in places that charged $99.00 a night for a motel unit before and not get what you should expect from a room of that price.

The Location was a Bit difficult to get into coming from the outbound lanes but overall not bad.

My only complaint with this room was I had no WI-FI signal in my Motel room, a small inconvenience as I was hoping to do my payroll from the Motel room before heading back to Nova Scotia after doing work in Charlottetown.

Breakfast was great, Its nice to see a full breakfast Buffet included with the price of my Motel room. Very few places offer that and I was especially happy for this.

Room Tip: The Motel Unit I got was near the Highway and I found it very quiet and relaxing... It felt like I r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, November 26, 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You can be assured that I will follow up with our interenet supplier in regards to your concerns about the WiFi in you guest room.

All rooms at the Rodd Royalty have complimentary WiFi.

Thank you once again and on behalf of myself and the staff we look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty on your next trip to Charlottetown.