All reviews annex room separate shower continental breakfast top floor downtown charlottetown eggs benedict stayed two nights great place to stay beds were very comfortable location is excellent lovely room anne of green gables close to downtown confederation centre prince edward island pei turret
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2017

The Dundee Arms is our first choice whenever we visit Charlottetown. We love the antiques and the charm of the rooms in the original part of the hotel. Also, wonderful breakfasts and great downtown location. Top notch!

Room tip: Ask for a room in the old part of the hotel for Victorian charm!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2017

When it's 90% mashed potatoes! But at the Dundee Arms Inn, it's called a Potato Cake and it's loaded with fish and other seafood. You are served two of them about the size of tennis balls, and potato just forms the thin crust. They're covered in a thin sauce and the seafood inside, lobster, crab, oyster, haddock, is absolutely top notch. The Dundee has changed somewhat over the years and the menu has become a little less comprehensive, but it's still a pleasant place for a meal with friends and what is available is generally very good. And so is the service: Friendly and fast. There's not a lot of seating on the pub side, although plenty in the more formal (and more expensive) dining room. In the summer, there's a large outside deck with the pub menu and it's a great place to eat. If you like seafood, try the potato cakes. For you, fish cakes may never be the same. (And except for a few other restaurants on PEI, that's a good thing!)

Room tip: Pay no attention to the hotel ratings; I was rating the restaurant!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank M-BViano
Reviewed January 14, 2017

Lovely place in a heritage building located at the heart of Charlottetown. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are spacious and full of charm. Details are cared for to provide a unique experience you would not find in a standard hotel.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We certainly enjoyed your visit with us and we hope that you will return someday to visit with us again. Have a great winter. Pat Sands

Reviewed January 4, 2017

We went to enjoy dinner in the Pub.Service was excellen It was really quiet which suited at the time. The menu was not ex entice and I felt the prices were a bit high for the servings. I chose a small steak and on the shoe I would not recommend it. Again, I felt the price was ro. I wasn't really hungry after the main so had. Bread pudding at a price of $7. I was disappointed. In most restaurants it is a large serving with lots of sauce. IIt unusually large enough for two people.

Room tip: Did not go to the hotel. We went to the pup.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I would really appreciate if you could give me a call as I am a little confused with your review. Our toll free number is 1-877-638-6333 and our local number is 902-892-2496. If you could please ask for Pat Sands. Thank you and I will be looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

We were in the annex. so the room was good but not B & B.

The breakfast was great with a beautiful presentation! Eggs benedict, wonderful tea and Victorian setting. Don't miss the breakfast! Waitress was very sweet and attentive.

There is a beautiful old church across the street which makes the setting very special. It is in walking distance to several interesting places.
Donna from Texas

Room tip: Reserve early to get the B & B rooms
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2017

Thank you so much for the nice review. Yes, I agree it is a great breakfast . Our breakfast and Brunches are very popular with locals and tourists. My favorite is the eggs benedict. Out doors on the patio is a beautiful place for meals . Happy New Year to you and your family and I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again. Pat Sands