Reserved late so got the last room available, in the annex, on the ground floor, underneath the stairs (not Dundee's fault). Noisy late night revellers were annoying as well as the necessity of leaving door open so as not to feel claustrophopic - again not the Dundee's fault as the room was very nice. However, I'd suggest the 2nd or 3rd floor where the drapes could be left open.
Room was modern, clean & attractive with a huge shower. Reading lights over pillows were very good (and very unusual) but no lights near the chairs which made them (chairs) unusable.
All personnel were pleasant and helpful. Front desk help training was inconsistent. The young woman who checked me in only programmed the room key for a single night - VERY inconvenient and annoying when returning from a day around the island and really needing the bathroom facilities urgently but having to go to the front desk for key reprogramming and waiting for that person to put a reservation requesting caller on hold.
Breakfast was excellent and very reasonably priced.
Al fresco dining area on the deck is very attractive and we used it as our outdoor reading and relaxing area in late afternoons.
In town location is excellent allowing for short wallks to dinner and waterfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic business district on quiet safe street in olde Charlottetown. This 1903 Queen Anne Inn and modern Annex have been welcoming guests for 46 years. 22 guest rooms, featuring private baths, colored televisions,free high speed wireless internet, telephones, air conditioning, non smoking atmosphere and guest parking. Award winning Dining Room, Lounge and a beautiful outdoor patio. Highly maintained property offering friendly personal service. Recommended by CAA/AAA and "Where to Eat in Canada" Open Year Round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Dundee Arms Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dundee Arms Hotel Charlottetown
- Dundee Arms Inn Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island