“Business travel made easy!”
Review of Dundee Arms Inn

Dundee Arms Inn
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Halifax, Canada
“Business travel made easy!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I was in PEI for business in the middle of November and was lucky enough to have been booking into the Dundee Arms Inn. What a wonderful experience!
From the beautifully appointed rooms to the extra fluffy pillows, no little item was over looked.
I had forgotten my tooth brush at home and I happened to mention it to Ian and when I returned to my room that evening, a new toothbrush awaited me!
Dining at the Dundee is a royal treat... food is spectacular and the presentation is beyond compare. I would heartily recommend staying at the Dundee weather it be for business or pleasure.... You can't go wrong.
Service is wonderful, the people are warm and engaging and you even recieve a gingersnap snowflake cookie on your pillow at night.
Thanks to Everyone at the Dundee... Especially Pat, Ian and Chef Patrick for making my trip a huge success!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ruth_H_334
DundeeArmsInn, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for your lovely comments . We enjoyed your visit with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Have a great day. :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Singapore
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Dundee Arms Inn is centrally located in the heart of Charlottetown, making it walkable to everything within town. While Charlottetown is not a huge place, it certainly helped for my travel companion and myself as we did not have a car. The hotel room was spacious although the one major complaint would be the ancient air-conditioning system that would switch off after some time, and then clank back on again, and this would happen within intervals throughout the night. It's noisy and really needs to be updated. Apart from that, the Inn provides a great breakfast as part of the room cost, free wi-fi and very helpful staff. Be prepared to walk-up stairs as they don't have lifts. But overall, a great place to stay when in Charlottetown.

Room Tip: Check the AC system and if you have lots of luggage, be prepared to climb the stairs. There are no l...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
DundeeArmsInn, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. The airconditioning can be shut off so it does not come on through the night. I have done some research on your stay and located which room you stayed in. I have had the air-conditioner looked at by a refrigerartion company. Please in the future if you could mention any problems with your accommodations during your stay or on departure so we can have these problems resolved. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you are enjoying your winter.
California
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We booked in advance an annex room based on the 'extremely well lit' photograph online. Our room was dark and looked out onto a stone wall. If you opened your luggage onto the luggage rack you couldn't get to the bathroom. It's not visible in the photos, but this sliding wood/glass closet houses a micro, frig, iron/board on the right side...so getting your clothes put away on the left side is a tad tight. There are 2 walls not shown in the photos...one houses a large AC unit and wall heater..the other with a wall mounted flatscreen TV with the fire extinguisher right next to it. Minimal light as the narrow window has heavy drapes on it.
We did eat twice in the restaurant as we were there on a Monday and very few other restaurants were open. The food was very good and we can't compliment the staff enough---they were excellent.
We thought the heated bathroom floor was a real plus..and the automatic shutting toilet seat a bonus! Aveeda products, great bed. We just wished we'd asked for a room with more light..however since all the Annex rooms are the same, we're not sure that is possible.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DundeeArmsInn, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Thank you for your comments . I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Not all of the rooms in the annex are the same. The room you had on the lower level of the annex is located in the darker part of the annex because it is shadowed by the staircase to the second level. Thank you for the positive commenyts on the restaurant , staff and our amenities.Should you wish to visit with us in the future please ask for a brighter room and we will be happy to accommodate you.

Have a great fall.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Room was very well appointed & well thought-out. Local was great!

We also had a very nice dinner on the deck under the lovely trees.

We would definetly stay there again!!

1 Thank STPETECOUPLE
Thank you for your lovely comments. We enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to your visit in the future.

Have a great fall.
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The annex rooms were clean and neat, but lacked any character whatsoever. We were traveling with another couple and found there were no common areas such as a lobby or patio where we could sit together and relax. We were very disappointed and felt the room rate was too high for an inn that we could not enjoy as a group.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your annex rooms or your request to use our licenced patio as a common area. I hope you can understand that our Prince Edward Island liquor licence does not allow guests to bring their own liquor into a licenced bar, restaurant or patio. We did offer you chairs to sit on the balcony or you did have the choice to use our picnic table in the back yard.

I have had many couples, tours and guests stay here over the many years I have been with the Dundee Arms Inn and I have always tried to accommodate so many different reuests. I feel I have been very successful with most . I am sorry that I was unable to accommodate your request.

Have a great year.

I am
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very poor value, rooms are inconsistent. Food very average.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding our property. I take all of my comments very seriously whether positive or negative. After reading your review I am a little confused with your cooments.

I always listen to what my guests have to say about our property and I put a lot of effort into trying to meet our guests needs. I am sorry I do not quite understand what you are saying or what your problems were . I have talked to my staff and looked at your room and I cannot find anything that would lead me to believe that the room was a poor value, inconsistent or that the food was average. It would be appreciated if reviews were written to help the property improve .

I would be very happy if you were to write me a letter and explain what exactly the problems were with your stay so I can hopefully iremedy the problems you had during your stay with us.

Thank you for your comments and have a great fall.
Tallahassee
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We were in the "new" part mid August and found the property on Trip Advisor. It is clean, neat, and very convenient to downtown. Like another reviewer, we were non pulsed with the opaque window between the bathroom and the bedroom. But it was a minor inconvenience. The unit for clothes hanging and storage was very useful. We also used and liked the micro wave and fridge. The staff is excellent and responsive to requests. I left my camera in the room when checking out and they sent an e mail to let me know. One phone call to them had it set up for overnight delivery to me in Baddeck, which worked fine. Can't beat service like that!

We ate in the dining room several times, or I should say on the deck as the weather was very nice. The menu is varied and the food is excellent. All in all, would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments. I apprecite your review of our property.

Have a great fall and we look forward to your return visit in the future.

Mrs Pat Sands