“Everything we hoped for and we would stay again”
Review of Dundee Arms Inn

Dundee Arms Inn
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The Dundee Arms provided us with great accomodations for a two night stop-over in Charlottetown on our way to our seaside cottage. The Inn was clean, the room was lovely-very comfortable king-sized bed, crisp linens and spacious bathroom. The restaurant provided us with a choice of indoor dining or a comfortable (spacious) patio setting. The menu offered variety and was tasty and well-priced. The location was within easy walking distance to the downtown. All in all a very good experience!

1  Thank Johanna H

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed in one of the rooms belonging to the annexe building of the inn. The room was modern but felt cramped. As the annexe is basically a motel, the only daylight coming into the room comes from a small window next to the door but as people are passing by continuously we needed to close the curtains which made the room very dark and feel even more cramping. The shower gave either too cold or too hot water. All in all a disappointing experience for the room price we paid.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Clean (but small) rooms, helpful staff. We had a room in the Inn on the third floor (walkup). Bathroom was very small and no place to put anything that wouldn't slide off the toilet top or sink. Located in a quiet area but easy walk to restaurants and shopping.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed in the annex which is a walk across the breezeway from check-in in the main inn. The room was spotless, recently renovated and spacious. The mattress was very comfortable and provided great back support. There was a small refrigerator which was handy. The hotel is on a quiet street and within walking distance to the water/quay and shopping in Charlottetown. The staff were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Parking is not an issue. We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. We would definitely return to the Dundee Arms.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We truly enjoyed the breakfast at the Dundee arms in PEI .

I have eaten a number of breakfast in my time but this Inn offers the best!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed july 28-30 for the last days of our honeymoon and would not reccomend anyone wasting thier money. The worst part was the shower, which changed pressure every few seconds, and went from freezing to scalding hot. When I told the front desk about it, I was told "sorry but there isn't anything we can do until Monday" the next day there wasn't any hot water and told sorry again but nothing we can do. The towels were thread bare, the grout in the bathroom was extremely dirty and the shower looks nothing like the pictures. You can hear the traffic in your room even from the third floor, everthing your neighbours are doing, and the air conditioner sounded like an air plane taking flight. Definately not worth the price, I will never book there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanShirl
DundeeArmsInn, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do agree with you on the water problem which was caused by a check valve. The check valve had ceassed and this why your water temperature varied from hot to cold and also caused the pressure to go up and down. This check valve has since been replaced. I have check valves in each and every room and suite on the property so my guests can enjoy their shower.

While I do agree with you on the water prblem I cannot agree with you on the cleanliness of your shower or the poor quality of towels. I have an excellent housekeeping staff and as you can see by the positive comments written here I have never been critized for cleanliness.I take great pride in the property and in the cleanliness of our facilities.

I had purchased some very high quality toewls this summer so I cannot see why you had a poor qusality. I will certainly review each of the rooms and my housekeepers closets.

I hope you will be able to use the refund I had sent to you for the problems you experienced with our plumbing in this room.

I have also spoken to the lady who listened to your problem with the water. I have advised this employee that I have to be made aware of all guests oncerns and each and every problem has to be attended to. I value your comments and I appreciate you making me aware of the problems you mentioned in your comments. Have a great day and I hope we will see you on your first anniversary.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our family of 4, two kids ages 8 (boy) and 12 (girl) stayed 2 nights in room 44, the suite. We had 1 dinner in the dining room, and room service for 2 breakfasts. The food was really excellent, and room service was very prompt. The dining room service was slow, particularly for kids, though this is more a comment than criticism, as the pace was probably appropriate for adults on vacation. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The facility and room was clean and nicely finished for historic downtown Charlottetown. Our only minor complaints would be little things like having to hold down the lever for the toilet to completely flush, one of the lamps didn't work, and the A/C units were the in-window style, that tend to be noisy. We would highly recommend the Dundee for adult vacations, though for those with younger kids, a more run-of-the-mill hotel with pool, etc might be a better fit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family