“Nice Place and Good location”
Review of Dundee Arms Inn

Dundee Arms Inn
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Clean (but small) rooms, helpful staff. We had a room in the Inn on the third floor (walkup). Bathroom was very small and no place to put anything that wouldn't slide off the toilet top or sink. Located in a quiet area but easy walk to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed in the annex which is a walk across the breezeway from check-in in the main inn. The room was spotless, recently renovated and spacious. The mattress was very comfortable and provided great back support. There was a small refrigerator which was handy. The hotel is on a quiet street and within walking distance to the water/quay and shopping in Charlottetown. The staff were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Parking is not an issue. We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. We would definitely return to the Dundee Arms.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We truly enjoyed the breakfast at the Dundee arms in PEI .

I have eaten a number of breakfast in my time but this Inn offers the best!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed july 28-30 for the last days of our honeymoon and would not reccomend anyone wasting thier money. The worst part was the shower, which changed pressure every few seconds, and went from freezing to scalding hot. When I told the front desk about it, I was told "sorry but there isn't anything we can do until Monday" the next day there wasn't any hot water and told sorry again but nothing we can do. The towels were thread bare, the grout in the bathroom was extremely dirty and the shower looks nothing like the pictures. You can hear the traffic in your room even from the third floor, everthing your neighbours are doing, and the air conditioner sounded like an air plane taking flight. Definately not worth the price, I will never book there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanShirl
DundeeArmsInn, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do agree with you on the water problem which was caused by a check valve. The check valve had ceassed and this why your water temperature varied from hot to cold and also caused the pressure to go up and down. This check valve has since been replaced. I have check valves in each and every room and suite on the property so my guests can enjoy their shower.

While I do agree with you on the water prblem I cannot agree with you on the cleanliness of your shower or the poor quality of towels. I have an excellent housekeeping staff and as you can see by the positive comments written here I have never been critized for cleanliness.I take great pride in the property and in the cleanliness of our facilities.

I had purchased some very high quality toewls this summer so I cannot see why you had a poor qusality. I will certainly review each of the rooms and my housekeepers closets.

I hope you will be able to use the refund I had sent to you for the problems you experienced with our plumbing in this room.

I have also spoken to the lady who listened to your problem with the water. I have advised this employee that I have to be made aware of all guests oncerns and each and every problem has to be attended to. I value your comments and I appreciate you making me aware of the problems you mentioned in your comments. Have a great day and I hope we will see you on your first anniversary.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our family of 4, two kids ages 8 (boy) and 12 (girl) stayed 2 nights in room 44, the suite. We had 1 dinner in the dining room, and room service for 2 breakfasts. The food was really excellent, and room service was very prompt. The dining room service was slow, particularly for kids, though this is more a comment than criticism, as the pace was probably appropriate for adults on vacation. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The facility and room was clean and nicely finished for historic downtown Charlottetown. Our only minor complaints would be little things like having to hold down the lever for the toilet to completely flush, one of the lamps didn't work, and the A/C units were the in-window style, that tend to be noisy. We would highly recommend the Dundee for adult vacations, though for those with younger kids, a more run-of-the-mill hotel with pool, etc might be a better fit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DaddyTP
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was our first trip to PEI and we chose the Dundee Arms based on Tripadvisor reviews. The Inn was quaint and the room was nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Considering the price, we were disappointed that breakfast was not included.

There was an a/c window unit that kept the room comfortable. Unfortunately, that meant you couldn't pull the drapes closed and the sun comes up very early in the summer when you're up north.

The bathroom was appealing, however the water temperature varied constantly during the shower. The parking is limited and the nearby streets have parking meters, so make sure to get there early and then walk into town to see things.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have knee problems request a ground floor unit in the annex