My husband and I stayed here in July of 2005 and were disgusted with the accommodations. We had booked a King non-smoking room, months in advance of our stay. When we arrived we were given a double bed in a room that could better be described as a large closet. The TV was actually located on a shelf about 6" off the ground making it impossible to watch from the bed. There was a strong smell of smoke in the room and we also found an ashtray in the closet. The layout of this so-called 'hotel' is hard to describe, but it would appear it was once a motel that they have added an exterior corridor to. Because people are constantly walking along this corridor to get to their rooms and cars, you have to keep the drapes closed at all times, unless you want people peering in at you. The darkness made the room even smaller and more gloomy.
When we called the desk to complain, we were told we would have to wait until the morning and speak to one of the managers. There was no apology and the clerk insisted there was nothing in their computer showing we had reserved a King bed - yet I had a copy of the e-mail confirmation in my hand, showing a King, non-smoking room.
Overall, the price they charge for this hotel is grossly inflated for the accommodations you receive. The bathroom could easily have come directly out of a 50s apartment.
I did complain both to the on-site manager and Best Western's corporate office - I received a $40 U.S. voucher for a future stay - big deal!
My advice - stay somewhere else in Charlottetown!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charlottetown Inn & Conference Centre is a centrally located Hotel in the heart of historical Charlottetown. We offer over 6,000 square feet of spacious meeting space as well as 143 guest rooms. Included in your room rate is a free hot breakfast, free parking, free Wi-Fi and free local newspaper. Enjoy a leisurely walk to the many attractions, restaurants and theatres that Charlottetown has to offer. If beaches are what you are looking for, we are within a 30 minute drive to many of PEI beaches. PEI is known as Canada's golf destination and we are centrally located on PEI to allow easy commutes to and from many courses. We offer great rates on extended stay rooms through the winter months. This is beneficial to both students and those closing cottages for the season. Come join our Family on your next visit to the Gentle Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center Prince Edward Island