“tourist stay”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed June 5, 2014

good place to stay when you are out and about a lot. Cozy and comfortable room and the bed was most comfortable. It was not a noisy stay...ie. slamming doors or children running around. Breakfast was available and had a good variety. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best part was a small kitchenette to store snacks and water.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

I would like to thank you for your review. I am sorry that we had some guests that disturbed you during your stay with us. I hope you contacted our front desk team to allow us the opportunity to fix this concern? I am glad you used the words "cozy and comfortable" because we strive to make every guest feel like they are visiting our "home" and not simply our hotel. I hope we will see again on any return visits to Charlottetown.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We spent three nights here on a recent holiday. When we arrived, for some reason the booking agent had cancelled our booking, but the very helpful lady on reception that Sunday afternoon did everything she could to get it sorted for us. 30 mins later we were in a room with three days ahead of us.
Although the hotel looks a bit like a motel, it is well situated to enable you to get where you want to go and has all the amenities you need. The breakfast had a wide variety of choices from plain old toast to a fully cooked fry up. and an awesome speciality coffee machine. For me personally the beds were a little too soft, but that is just my preference. There is plenty of free parking out the front with pretty much everything in walking distance.

Room Tip: Make sure you make it down to breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I cannot find better words to describe our breakfast, or our downtown location, then you have used in your review. You are also correct that we do not have the appearance of the "new look" hotels that have been recently built around the country. We are a facility that has been operating for many years in the heart of Charlottetown and we are extremely proud of our character. I hope we will have the pleasure of you visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Charlottetown for 3 nights. It was a wonderful location; close to all the sites and the waterfront. I believe that it was a little expensive because it resembled a 'motel' rather than a 'hotel'. The breakfast was good on the first day, but a little disappointing when they served the same items every day. I would definitely recommend it because of its location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. Many of our guest enjoy our downtown location close to the many attractions Charlottetown has to offer. I am sorry that you did not feel our extended breakfast offerings did not allow you enough variety. With a variety of eggs, proteins, baked beans, homemade oatmeal, fruit cups, yogurt with fresh berries, cereals, bed, bagels, apples, oranges, bananas and many other items we felt we had covered all areas for our guests. I hope you will visit us again on a return trip to Charlottetwon to allow us to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel ceiling paint peeling, dead bolt will not go across, sheets dirty, lampshade torn, no headboard on bed, air conditioning loud, bathroom door too large for door frame so door would not close.Room wasn't made up by 5 pm after we returned from our day out so the desk said they'd send someone up after we went out again at 6. We returned at 10 to 11 pm to find the metal bar was across to keep the door open and the room had been made up and we had an article stolen from our room. When we complained the management suggested the maid didn't leave it open and that we must have returned and left it open ourselves! After a very unpleasant conversation we told them we would not be returning to the hotel ever again. The manager did refund our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Karen,
I am sorry you had such a bad experience. I have thoroughly reviewed the room that you had stayed in. I feel we will not find a mutually satisfactory conclusion to this unfortunate stay, as we seem to differ on the events and they way things occured. I am sorry you seem to feel I was not understanding in this situation.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We used this place as our base for three nights on PEI. Pros: clean, staff is friendly, and they have a great coffee machine for specialty brews at breakfast; breakfast is decent; rooms are quiet. Con: very dated structure, with some odd shortcuts (slight ramp at room doorway with a dangerous and unexpected step down into the room...creates a trip and fall hazard leaving the room); facility is really unattractive; neighborhood is a little sketchy for walking around at night, Wi-Fi is unsecured and has a certificate issue which makes it dangerous to use. This is an okay place, just don't be surprised by a really dated property. They will direct you to some local restaurant options where they "have a discount relationship". Be aware that these are tourist places with quantity over quality, and you have better options for value and experience.

1  Thank Fossetti
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you ejoyed our breakfast with our new coffee offerings, as well as many hot fresh breakfast items. I am sorry you felt uneasy walking around at night. Charlottetown is one of the safest Cities guests can ever stay in. Many guests take advantage of the attractions the City has to offer in the evening and feel very safe doing so. You are correct in commenting that there are many different restaurants that you can enjoy while visiting our City. We do have a relationship with a few; but there are many that we do not. I hope you will consider staying with us on a return trip to our beautiful City.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I Have had wonderful luck in the past with the Best Western chain but this hotel has been awful, the Room is hot like a sauna with no AC and to resolved the problem after I've asked 2x about it, they left my unscreened window open while we were out. It was still hot. On the good part the room we had was very large for a standard room.

The pool was full of floaters they said was sponge toy broken apart but looked like something else...gross.

The worse part no one seems to care and I felt that I was bothering them when I asked about it.

Stayed: May 2014
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

I would like to start by aplogizing for not exceeding your expectations. We did experience an extremely quick change in temperature and our A/C was working as hard as it could to recover but unfortunately did not do so to your satisfaction. Our pool was in fact closed for a short time due to the debris in the pool. Again this was something out of our control and all we could do was to react in a positive manner to recover the pool from the sponge football that some guest used in the pool. I truly am sorry that you did not have the experience that our guest typically encounter when staying with us.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Check-in was efficient and staff very friendly. This is an older hotel and the rooms could use updating. Room was nice and clean. The location is perfect for walking to the many restaurants, shopping, etc. A nice get-a-way experience. Super extra effort by the front desk clerk at check-out as we had an e-mail BW travel card to redeem toward our stay making our stay even better.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Daisy I would like to thank you for kind words about your recent stay with us. I will certainly share with our front desk team the nice experience they provided to you. I am pleased you were able to take advatange of our downtown location, that allows our guest to walk to many attractions Charlottetown has to offer. I hope we will see again in the future.