“Some Improvement Needed”

Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in October while visiting family nearby. We were pleased with some of the aspects of this facility but somewhat disappointed in others. The hotel itself was satisfactory, although it could use a bit of freshening up in some areas. The desk service was pleasant, the room presentable, and the breakfast items similar to other Best Westerns. The hotel room was large, the bed comfortable, and the internet connection speed good. Unfortunately there was no hot water in our bathroom, as my husband discovered when he took a late evening shower. The next morning there was still no hot water, so I used the showering facilities in the pool change room, which had a very good supply. My husband brought it to the attention of the staff in the morning and was told that different parts of the hotel are served by separate boiler systems, and depending on your location, problems may occur. I was also a little disappointed in the way the breakfast area was serviced and having to hand in a ticket before seating yourself. Hard to imagine why the hotel staff needed to supervise this area so carefully such that guests feel as though they are being monitored as they eat. The food was okay, but not so wonderful that one would need to hoard it. Given the location, and the price, I believe that this hotel could do a lot better with just a little fine tuning.

Room Tip: Do check that you have hot water as soon as you get into your room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay. I am sorry you felt like we were monitoring you at breakfast......it is quite the opposite. We have a rotating schedule, of our Associates, collecting breakfast coupons upon our guests arrival to help our guests with any questions they may have. This allows different departments, who may not normally interact with guests very much, the luxury of meeting our valuable guests face to face. We want to interact with guests in a more leisurely setting when it comes to answering travel plans for the day or location of ammenities the island has to offer. I am sorry you felt a different feeling. I do hope, now knowing our reasoning, you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Have visited Charlottetown several times with my family & am so grateful that Chance led me to the Best Western Hotel there & Room 236.......a Queen Sized Suite with two beds plus a pull out sofa bed.....sitting area, two TVs, WiFi, bar fridge & sink with storage for provisions, glasses, dishes, picture windows overlooking the indoor pool , complimentary ,Continental & hot buffet style breakfast served . All that Plus within walking distance to all the downtown amenities including shopping & Lobster on the Wharf!!!!
Our stays have always been pleasant, quiet, clean & above all , very reasonably priced.......since we stayed more than 5 nights, we qualified for the Extended Stay Rates .....an added bonus to say the least.
I will definitely be staying here on future visits to Charlottetown.
Front desk personnel & housekeeping were very helpful, pleasant & quick to address any questions or issues.

Room Tip: IF YOU ARE MORE THAN 2 OR 3, ROOM 236 IS GREAT!!! I...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I want to thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback about your stay with us. You have done a terrific job of explaining the many offerings we have for our guests. From oversized rooms to hot breakfast and of course in the heart of downtown Charlottetown. I look forward to hosting you on a return trip to Charlottetown.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very convient location in downtown. Within walking distance of may restaurants and historical sights.
Older hotel with many amenities. Could use a better cleaning staff. We stayed for two days and the second day our room was not cleaned properly. The bed was not made and the floor was not vacuumed. I was disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying at our property. What you explain about the state of your bed is not our standards at all. I have shared this with the housekeeping manager and we will ensure this never happens again. I hope you will consider staying with us in the fututre, to allow us to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a typical Best Western experience, nothing thrilling, even though things worked ok. The room was basic, beds were average. A huge plus was that the window could be opened in the bathroom for some fresh air. The air conditioning breeze smelled strange (moldy), so did not want to use it anymore. Breakfast was slightly disappointing, kind of cheap stuff available. Still, the room was rather pricey. For that price I paid I was expecting to get a lot more.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I would like to thank you for your valuable comments about your stay. I am pleased that you found us to be similar to our Family of Best Western hotels. Our price is reflective of the destination we operate from. PEI is considered to be a resort destination and can slightly higher rates on occasion. I hope you will consider staying with us on a return trip to PEI.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have travelled to the East Coast before but never to PEI. We choose the Best Western because we are familiar with their hotel chain. This hotel is centrally located in Charlottetown and convenient to all the amenities that we wanted to engage in. Good restaurants and historical sites harbour scenery. The room was well equiped since it was a suite. The only problem was we were there two days and the second day the room was not cleaned very well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind feedback about your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the room and we are in the process of refreshing many areas of our property. I hope you will choose again on a return trip to PEI.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

everything was excellent,clean room,food good,staff excellent, would stay nowhere else.we were on a 3 week road trip stayed in best western's all trip.the staff on front desk were very helpful on booking our next stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jennifer I very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the other Best Western's along your trip. I hope we will see you again in the future, on another East Coast Adventure.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We loved our stay at the Charlottetown Best Western! We were in town with daddy to attend a conference; mummy and baby tagged along. When we got to our room we were totally surprised by the large size of the room. Included in the room were couch, coffee table, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave and a breakfast nook in the corner between windows on 2 of the walls (we had a room on the corner of the building). We booked a 2 double bed room and asked for a crib. We were totally surprised by the third double bed, the kids chair, the Toy Story decals on the walls. It was perfect! Breakfast every morning was great. We used the gym a few times, it was well stocked with cardio machines, equipment and free weights. The location was very good too. The hotel was nice-and-close to the main shopping areas and restaurants. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Jennifer I would like to thank you so very much for your kind comments. You did a terrific job of explaining our property in great detail. I will share with our team your wonderful comments and the fact that you and your Family enjoyed the themed room. I hope you will stay with us again in the near future.