I stayed for 4 days at this hotel. I am of mixed oppinions about my stay. The first 2 days of our stay were among some of the worst hotel experiences of my life. I travel regularly and have a pretty good idea of what the norm should be. However, it just seemed like everything was going wrong during this trip. on the negative: 1) My daughter found an earwig in the bed which made for a most exciting start to the trip 2) the hotel staff gave our room to another person; which meant that at midnight, a couple tried to get us out of their room. The kids and I had been asleep for a few hours so this was a rather unpleasant activity. I talked with the night management and was assured that all had been resolved. 3) We attempted to get a little extra sleep the 2nd day as it took until 2am to get the kids to go back to sleep because of the strangers who walked into our room at midnight. The cleaning staff starts at 7am and knocks on your door even if you have a "do not disturb" card on the door. They were told to go away at 8, than came back and knocked at 10 and came in to the room even when a do not disturb sign was posted (a second time); I spoke with the front staff on the phone and was told that they would deal with this. Even though I recieved this assurance, The cleaning staff knocked and entered our room for a 3rd time at 11:30am. So essentially the day was shot because we couldn't get any sleep and had tired and cranky kids. 4) the floors and walls seemed extremely thin. We constantly heard people moving around. The cleaning staff banged the doors many many times in the morning as they worked on a room. Since they start early, this was even less desirable a feature. We observed them and found that they don't leave the room door open while they are in the room but feel the need to go in and out slamming the door; which leaves them in the room with the door closed for periods of time too. 5) The 2nd day we got locked out of our room and the reservation was no longer set for 3 nights but 1. So we had to get that fixed again. The night manager had assured us that the reservation was in the system properly, the evening before but obviously hadn't.
- the pool has way too much chlorine and was too cold
- the wifi wasn't fast enough to support a skype call
On the plus:
- beds were quite comfortable - pillow tops
- the day manager gave us a discount and passes to local attractions as an apology - but, still, 1 day of our family vacation was ruined and unproductive
- the rooms are nice and well layed out
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, with its great downtown location, is a wonderful choice for your travelling requirements. Close to Charlottetown's many restaurants, Confederation Centre of the Arts, Founders Hall, water front attractions, Province House, Confederation Court Mall, Holland College Campus, Government offices, Charlottetown's Festival grounds, hiking and bicycling trails, all that can be reached with a leisurely walk from this City center hotel. As well you will enjoy a pleasant stay in our clean, comfortable facility with many amenities such as indoor heated pool, fitness center, conference center, business center, in house laundry, dry cleaning services and rooms that range from standard hotel rooms to apartment style rooms with full kitchens. If "FREE" is something that you wish to experience, then included in the rates are "FREE" parking, "FREE" WI-FI and a "FREE" hot breakfast that is second to none. The BEST WESTERN Charlottetown's clean and comfortable hotel with our wonderful staff that is friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and professional. Bring your Family to stay with our Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- BEST WESTERN Charlottetown Prince Edward Island