“Very comfortable, great staff, good value.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Ontario
“Very comfortable, great staff, good value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

This was my first stay here and I was pleasantly surprised with the warm welcome and the very comfortable, clean room. Free Internet and breakfast. About 1o minutes drive to downtown restaurants however there are a few choices just around the corner however you will have to drive.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

I took my family to Charlottown PEI to check out the Jack Frost Festival. I was surprised to see so many out of towners such as myself checking into the Hotel. The entrance was very congested with vehicles and people, but I managed to scoot through. I was greeted inside with even more people. My first thought was let the fun begin! With so many people coming and going, the staff looked very busy. But no sooner then did I step towards the front desk I was summoned ahead. Check in was quick but inaccurate. The reservation was made over the internet to which I received a guaranteed rate. That wasn't the case when I checked in.
Having a pool, guess what the kids wanted to do? So off to the pool we go. While the kids splashed around, I made my way to a hot tub that was actually hot! The whirlpool jets were soothing and relaxing. However, I recommend not bringing babies in. The water is hot! Lots of patio furniture and clean towels in the pool area. Next to the pool is the weight room.
I am happy to announce we found a hotel room that has some size to it This room didn't have bunk beds for the kids, but it did have a pull out (leather) couch. I'm guessing that where the couch was the bunk beds would be. We were happy to have the couch as it gave us even more furniture to sit on. Another feature I liked was the flat screen TV that allowed me to hook up my camera to view pictures. The room has a fridge, microwave and sink which enhanced the comfort of the room. Having two sinks made brushing teeth quick, but I found it a little dark in the area of the sink. Perhaps the Hotel could put a light above the sink. When it was time for lights out, me and the wife kicked the kids out of the king size bed, and put them into their comfortable bed. Extra pillows and blankets were available within the room. It didn't take me long to fall asleep in the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on!! Morning came too early, but the size of this bed allowed the four of us to snuggle awhile longer because the bed was so comfy we didn't want to get up!
Being that the Hotel was at capacity, the line for breakfast bar was very long and slow. The staff did an awesome job at keeping the items stocked. There was plenty of choices to keep my picky son and daughter happy.
Conveniently located close to Tim Hortons, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown gets high marks for the location, clean comfortable rooms and common areas.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

My husband and I escaped for Thanksgiving weekend for some R&R and golf. This was our first stay at this hotel and it will be our hotel of choice whenever visiting PEI. We found the staff to be very friendly, happy and accomodating. We booked a standard room. It was well equiped, recently renovated and comfortable. The beds and linens were very comfortable, with 3 pillow chioces, firm, medium and soft. Our room faced the street and we could, at times, hear the traffic. The buffet was lovely with lots of choices. Location was good for us. Fairly close to the golf course and Confederation Center where we saw a show.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jacobh
Nova Scotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

This overall is a great hotel however it really disgusted me to find the coffee pot filthy from the last guest.
The computer desk was also filthy and sticky, I had to clean it and wipe it before putting my computer on it.
Housekeeping staff are the front line on a guests opion of a hotel. I know if I stay at the Super 8 I can guarantee a spotless room, dest and coffee maker.
For the price I paid for Holiday Inn, I don't think I would stay there again.
To the housekeeping staff .....shame on them!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank jjejermaster
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

We have stayed in this hotel four times in the past two years. It is a typical Holiday Inn Express. The location is the only drawback. It is out on the highway and you have to drive to get anywhere. The chain serves the same food at breakfast wherever you are, so it is hard to comment on the food. The staff was great.....and the breakfast lady went out of her way to get my decaffinated cofffee!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jetsetgypsy
New Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

We visit PEI often for leisure and business. First of all the entire staff work very hard to make your stay comfortable and are very friendly and accommodating.
The rooms have always been clean and have recently been updated.
The breakfast is great. Lots of choices for everyone's taste.
The location is perfect, close to shopping and the great downtown area.
We would highly recommend this for couples and families as there are activities available for children and adults.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank NewBrunswickJackie
Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Charlottetown for 3 nights, and it was terrible! Not sure where all these high ratings are coming from here on Trip Advisor!? This was the worst hotel we stayed at on our entire 2 week vacation, yet the most expensive.

This hotel needs some maintenance, it is 'worn', and not all that clean. It is also very close to the highway and noisy. The breakfast is not kept stocked, and it was hard to find a clean table. This hotel definitely does cater to families with young children, and as someone else noted, and we also found that people do let their kids run wild throughout the hotel, as well as being left unsupervised at breakfast. I saw kids touching all the food on the buffet bar, and putting it back - disgusting! Our room smelled of smoke, even though the whole hotel is supposed to be 'smoke-free'. This hotel is advertised as being 'sophisticated', and it is far from that.

We paid $180/night plus taxes, and felt it was a complete rip-off. Will not be staying there again, I would not recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple