All reviews front desk tim hortons would stay here again free breakfast the breakfast area short drive beds were comfortable yogurt new brunswick fridge and microwave cookies laundry room stayed here for nights convenient location jacuzzi tub marjorie downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2016

We recently stopped here for one nights stay. Rooms are nice and clean with mini fridge and microwave. The room darkening drapes were wonderful and we had a great sleep. We did not have an opportunity to try the continental breakfast but it looked very good. Staff was friendly on check in and check out. Only downside was that I left my cell phone charger in the hotel room and when I called about it the next day, I was advised that it was not in the room nor did housekeeping turn it in.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

Staff at front desk very helpful and friendly. Rooms are very nice and spacious. Clean and well supplied. Breakfast is always very satisfying at Holiday Inn Express properties.
I always try to get rooms at one around the world. Always know what you're getting. Always quality without pretense and high cost.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2016

Free internet is useless here. I want to be able to face time and it is just not possible with the speed here. The morning breakfast I went to at 0900 and it was so busy and everything was out. the friendly clerk said they would be refilled in a few minutes but hen brought out about 10 sausage patties when there was 35 people waiting, even the bagel supply was empty the entire time. Next day was there at 0630 when it is suppose to open and I think that means what time staff arrive as it was very slow coming out with breakfast. Complementary water the first night but never replaced. Other than that all was fine.

Room tip: Different hotel if you want wifi to work
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank DenisB711
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

Dear Denis B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during breakfast. Let us assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction from the time you arrive, up until you leave our property. So we truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us. I am confident that our management will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future and we hope you will give us the chance.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 5, 2016

We spent 2 nights here. The hotel is old and needs brightening up - the mustard colour walls in the room and dark carpets don't help. Service though is excellent at reception - a big plus. Our first room was ok, but we noticed one of the beds had been slept in - pulled back the covers to find it full of sand and hair! They did manage to move us - to the same style room with mustard walls, but it had clean beds. The second room was an interconnecting one and there is no sound proofing through those interconnecting doors - thank goodness we had a family adjoining us with a young child - so they were quiet around 10.30pm. We like to have the windows open, but below us they were smoking and talking loudly - there must have been an outside smoking area below the room. The rooms are quite compact, furnishings very old, bathrooms small. There is an adequate all inclusive breakfast. We found the stay expensive for what it was, but there is not much choice in Charlottetown. Staff are very friendly - so that makes up for a lot.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Siggy66,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you found the service we have provided highly commendable. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the first room that was assigned to you. Let us assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction from the time you arrive, up until you leave our property. So we truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us. I am confident that our management will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future and we hope you will give us the chance.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 4, 2016

We recently stayed at this hotel as part of a family wedding vacation. Can't say enough good things about this hotel....the price, location, beds, breakfast, wifi and staff were great. I would definately stay here again.

Room tip: Lots of good choices for the free breakfast.....healthy ones too!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family