“Nice quick stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed one night at this property under short notice but it was a nice spot. I've been in a few Holiday Inn Express hotels on this trip and so far it's what I've come to expect. A comfortable bed, nicely decorated, quiet room. This spot had a microwave and fridge which is nice when you are driving around and out and about.

I had a quick simple breakfast in the early morning but things were all ready to go when I got there (6:15). It's a big hotel with plenty of parking which is nice. As others have said it's not right downtown Charlottetown but if you are planning on heading out for some road trips it's a good spot to have to avoid downtown traffic.

All the staff were friendly and pleasant as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Heather D,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our property and we hope to see you back again in the near future. I am happy to hear you enjoyed or convenient location and hope you have more time to explore Charlottetown on your next visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. It's a little away from downtown charlottetown, so you do need to cab everywhere.

Rooms were good and, most importantly, had a microwave and fridge in them! Foyer area was lovely, with a fire going.

Breakfast was extremely basic, just juice, toast, bagels and cereals.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Juicyblue,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an opportunity to take full advantage of our Express Start breakfast including fresh pancakes, bacon, sausage, omelets, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit , assorted yogurt and much more. I will pass along your compliments regarding the great service you received to my team.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We planned a two day stay at this hotel, but ended up with four lovely days with clean, well-appointed rooms (love the Bath and Bodyworks lotion!) . The staff were friendly and helpful with lots of advice regarding places to see and eat--Papa Joe's was one of the best restaurants we ate at on our three week trip! They also have fresh-baked cookies every afternoon and once when the cookies weren't quite ready they delivered them (still warm) right to our room! We would recommend this hotel and staff to any traveller.
P.S. The breakfasts are very good-- try the cinnamon buns!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was quiet. I don' t think there would be a bad room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joan N,
Thank you for sharing this great review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our cookies. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Made a group booking with the group booking representative and booking given away to another group. Called to confirm a couple weeks prior to travel and told no rooms avaliable. Hotel found us rooms but they were not the rooms that we had originally set aside. Asked for manager to call me back and did not recieve call for 2 days.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank samhamscooter

Dear Samhamscooter,
Please accept my sincere appologies for not meeting your expectation during your stay last winter. I would like to assure you that we do honor the room types selected by our guests at the time of booking and we always try to return guest phone calls in a timely manner. I do jope you will give us another opportunity to prove ourselves should you find your travels bring you to Charlottetown again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on Sept/28/13. Front desk staff very friendly & big cookies were available at check in. However I was not greeted as a Priority member nor was I offered a snack and water as is the case at every other Holiday Inn I've stayed at. Room was decently clean, but there were some long hairs on bathroom floor when I arrived... Also small holes in walls throughout the room! Major poor plumbing! Toilet would not flush properly, lousy tap in sink that had fluctuating temperature as did the shower, very poor pressure. There were also fruit flies in the room as well as the breakfast room. Usual breakfast fare ...hotel for sure below HIE standards by my experiences, a visit from head office management should be in order! Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Leafs_Country
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Leafs_Country,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while in Charlottetown for 2 days of business. My room was well appointed and comfortable. The room temp was easy to regulate and the bed was very comfortable. I had 2 great sleeps. The bathroom was appointed fine but there was hair in several places on the floor. I had already unpacked and was there a few hours before I spent any time in the bathroom and noticed it. I tolerated the hair in the bathroom the first night and hoped it would be cleaned the next day. When I returned the following evening, same hair on the floor and actually extra debris on the carpet in the room. The breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly. The hotel is well located in Charlottetown and is not downtown. This town is not very big. This was a nice hotel and I will return. I can't knock the place for a room attendant not paying attention. The next time I stay, I will check the room out before I unpack.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear ADBOCNL,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to appologize for not meeting your expectations and assure you that your experience is not the typical one at our hotel. We value you as a client and look forward to seeing you on your next visit. I have shared your experience with our housekeeping team and have used your feedback to reiterate the importance of attention to detail.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I have both stayed at many Holiday Inns in several provinces. We have come to expect a certain level of hotel standard when paying for a King suite accommodation. This hotel in Charlottetown was a disappointment. We normally book a B&B when we travel for vacations but opted for the convenience of a microwave, fridge, etc. available with this hotel chain for this trip ( 6 night stay). The hotel was not up to our standard for cleanliness; the room did not appear to be vacuumed at all during our stay. The daily cleaning appeared to be completed with a "lick and a promise" ....Because we were there for the week?....not sure . The shower curtain had an unpleasant odor....appears these are not laundered regularly. My husband found the bed to be uncomfortable, perhaps time to up-date the mattresses at this site? There were black marks on the walls, stains on the ceiling and a huge crack in the bathroom sink ( also NO fan in the bathroom). We were in a room at the end of a short hallway with an exit door to the outside ( down a flight)...there was heavy traffic through this door and lots of smoking ( and some drinking on one occasion) going on just outside the door. Apparently there are no regulations regarding the amount of distance required from the door to smoke.....the ashtray appears to be about 10 feet from the door and people were standing much closer than that. Just not a good experience........considered relocating to another location but felt the move would be more taxing on time, etc. Overall a disappointing stay at a Holiday Inn chain of hotels ........we will re-consider our loyalty to this chain.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DOGSTARR

Dear DOGSTARR,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to appologize on behalf of my entire team for not meeting your expectations. We strive to offer a very clean and comfortable environment for our guests and obviously we did not stand up to that promise. I hope you do give Holiday Inn another opportunity to prove itself as a brand and I hope you will try our property again in the future should your travels bring you back to PEI.