Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stay at a lot of HIExpresses and this is the best that I've been to.
The breakfast was much better than what you get in the US. All the same stuff, just better. The eggs were like real scrambled eggs, they didn't have the sort of synthetic feel and taste that you find in the US. And the sausage tasted better too.
The desk staff were very nice, and someone even cleaned the snow off my car before I got out there in the morning.
The only negative is that it's not withing walking distance of downtown, otherwise it would be a 5.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

It is refreshing to hear that you enjoyed the little extras we like to offer to our guests such as clearing snow off your windshield and offering the highest quality breakfast items our brand has to offer. Thank you for providing us with this positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had to stay on the Island for one night and selected the Holiday Inn Express as we had stayed here before. Didn't realize when I made the reservation online that there was a ringette tournament in town and that the hotel would be teeming with excited young ladies. But they quieted down by 9:30PM so sleep was not a problem. Getting through the breakfast was. With so many young and hungry athletes, the food line never let up and some food stations were often empty. Maybe they knew I didn't need to eat so much anyway.
Comfortable, simple room, and after accessing HD TV at home, realize how much better it is than the old TV signal in the hotel room.
Simple to access WiFi from the room!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay and I am sorry to hear that some of our breakfast options ran out before you made it through the line up. The breakfast rush you experienced is not our normal breakfast experience and I do hope you try our breakfast again in the near future. With respect to your comments regarding HD television, I completely agree with you. In fact, we are currently in the process of changing suppliers and we expect to have full HD programming available in all of our guestrooms by the end of February.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

What a great hotel. The front entrance is quite inviting and the staff are wonderful. I have stayed here twice and look forward to coming back. The location is easy to find and within minutes of down town Charlottetown and resturaunts. A local favorite (Peter Pan's - Awesome Burgers) is close by too. They have a free shoe shine service that I would highly recommend taking advantage of. Typical breakfast (at least they have one), with eggs, pancakes and bacon!

By far the best thing about this hotel though is the beds! I love laying down and just feeling the stress of the day melt away. These beds are really amazing, i wish all the places we have stayed were of the same quality.

Oh yeah, they are a 100% pet friendly hotel. We travel with two dogs and there was no "hidden" fees. If you do not travel with pets though, fell assured that this place is spotless. We always check the nooks and crannies before settling in, and this place is 100%. No issues found.

Highly recommended for your Island stay.

Room Tip: Use the shoe shine service, they do a great job and it's Free!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback on how we are doing, it is great to hear that our efforts are appreciated. I have to agree, Peter Pan does make great burgers. We look frward to hosting you on your next visit to PEI.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel is very easy to find as you drive into Charlottetown from the Confederation Bridge. It is located near two grocerie stores and several "big box" stores. Historic downtown Charlottetown is only a 5 minute drive away.

This is a standard Holiday Inn Express. My bed was very comfortable but the walls in my room had not been cleaned for a long time as I noticed lots of dirt, smudges, and even a greasy hand print! My room also included a mini fridge and microwave.

The breakfast was standard and included cereals, bread & bagels, fruits, juice, and coffee.

The fitness facility was small, but adequate, and the pool looked to be a decent size (although I did not use it).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. I wanted to let you know that I forwarded your comments to our maintenance department and the room you stayed in has been repainted to offer a nicely refreshed look. Thank you for making me aware of the need to refresh this room and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thierry Surette, General Manager Holiday Inn Expres & Suites Charlottetown

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel staff is extremely helpful and courteous.
The hotel is situated right off the main road is easy to find.
The rooms are what you would expect from the Holiday Inn brand. The bed was extremely comfortable and high off the floor - which is always a plus with me.
The laundry room is almost a lounge with wing chairs, pop and snack machines.
The gym and pool are also well maintained.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker ask for a room with a door leading directly to the outside.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the upgraded mattress! I hope you didn't have to spend too much time lounging in the laundry room and were able to enjoy Charlottetown and all it has to offer. See you next time!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were in town for the Prince Edward Island marathon and booked the Holiday Inn only because it is dog friendly. I expected it to offer only the basics, but it was much more! Very clear hotel, comfortable beds and nice decor. There was a clean and well equipped gym, pool and hot tub.

The hotel staff kindly offered a late check-out - 3 pm - because I was running the full marathon. So important for me not to have to rush afterwards! I really appreciated it.

The breakfast was decent - not memorable, but offered everything needed and it tasted fine. There was lots of selection, so I was able to figure things out for the big race day.

Room Tip: If you have a dog with you ask for the first floor. There are sliding doors in the rooms, so you do...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

It was a pleasure having you and your fellow marathon runners at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the late checkout!

See you next year,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed two nights at this motel and found it clean, comfortable, and with excellent service. We dealt with several people at the front desk, all of whom seemed to go out of their way to assist us. I had some business to take care of which required use of the computer, copies of pages printed out, and the faxing of materials. All of these things were done efficiently, and without additional cost. The breakfast was exceptional.

We usually like to stay at independent lodgings with a flavor of the locality, and do not usually stay in a Holiday Inn. A problem arose on this occasion with our reservation elsewhere, so we took this room out of necessity. Notwithstanding our reluctance initially, our experience at this Holiday Inn Express was strikingly positive, motivating me to recommend this motel as an exceptional place to stay in Charlottetown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at the Holiday Inn. I am very pleased to hear that our team exceeded your expectations and were able to ensure your visit was a memorable one.

Best wishes,