“The best place to stay on the Island!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been staying at this property for about 7 years, about 60 nights a year. The reason I remain so committed to one property is because of the consistent high standards I am meet with. From the cleanliness of the rooms, the great breakfast bar and nice fitness and pool area it all fantastic. The best part of this hotel though, is the staff! They are friendly and courteous and will do their best to help with any concerns. Take it from someone who has spent more than a year in in nights at this hotel, it is the BEST!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our team members. Our team members including room attendants, front desk agents, and breakfast bar attendants strive to make your stay an enjoyable and memerable one. I have posted your kind words in our staff room so that our team members can see first hand that their efforts are paying off. We look forward to hosting you for many years to come.

Thierry

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in September. Relatively recent Holiday Inn Express. Good decor. Nice rooms. Bathrooms good with large counter space. Fridge & Microwave in rooms with Kerug Coffee Maker. One of best breakfasts I've seen in these types of hotels/suites. Laundry facility clean. Would stay here over the Rodd Royalty. Would suggest that front door entrance be the next upgrade. An automated door for wheelchair access would be a plus. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for the feedback you provided with respect to your recent stay. I want you to know that I argee fully with your comments regarding our front doors and we are currently in discussions regarding our options for upgrading.

Thierry

Reviewed September 5, 2012

the new manager was the most involved and caring manager i have ever run into. the hotel was fine, the bus crowds were a pain some mornings at breakfast, but i understand that i cant control that. the breakfasts were great. plenty of healthy choices as well as pancakes muffins etc. location is close to city and central to most golf courses on island. Kudos again to Thiery the Manager.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We traveled to PEI without pre-booking a hotel and after an encounter with a very rude member of staff at the DELTA (see separate review!!), we decided to try this Holiday Inn Express. Sarah at the front desk who checked us in was EXTREMELY HELPFUL and a credit to the Holiday Inn name. Travelling with 3 small children is never easy but Sarah went out of her way to show us a couple of room options that were available. We settled for one of the kids suites, the elder two (5 and 3) loved the bunk beds and nautical themed room. The suite included a microwave and fridge and was very clean and tidy. We used the pool and hot tub and others were using the gym. We enjoyed the plentiful choice at the hot buffet breakfast and the morning reception staff (Isobel and Angela) were just as friendly and happy as Sarah had been the evening before. So well done Holiday Inn Charlottetown - a great hotel - certainly for our overnight stay. Great staff can make all the difference to an experience at any hotel so thank you to all the team, especially those we have mentioned by name - we'd certainly recommend this hotel to others and would stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Do your self a favor and try another hotel...The staff here is completely incompitent! We had troubles booking the room...and we should have known what was in store for us with our first impression on the phone...but we stayed there anyway, mainly because all the good hotels must havebeen booked up and now I know why they still had room. The front desk staff was mediocre and the room was decent, but we had not service in our room during our stay...but when the real trouble started was after we checked out and I realized I had left something in the room! I called right away when I learned my items were missing, I spoke to the housekeeping, they told me they had my items and would send them to me right away. We DID NOT recieve the items, so I have called the hotel back SEVERAL times, they are friendly and say they will call me back...BUT THEY NEVER DO! Not sure what is going on with the staff there...but I certainly would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE, if there is no other hotels available and you have to stay here, as we did...PLEASE check the room before you leave! Do not leave any items behind...you will never see them again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ceilidhgirls

Thank you for posting this review of our property. I want to appoligize for our not meeting your expectations during your stay. After reading your comments I spoke with some of our team members who were better informed of the situation than I was as I had not yet assumed a position with the hotel at the time of your stay. We did recover your items and they have been shipped to your home and if you have not yet received them you should very shortly. With respect to the shortfalls you experienced in service, I want you to know that we have launched many new training incentives at the property, have taken your comments into consideration as training topics and will continue to have ongoing training in place for our team members.

Thierry Surette

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. Very satisfied with our stay, breakfast was great. Very polite and helpful staff. Helped with places to eat. Pool area was very clean, too bad the whirl pool was not working as a result of immature guests. maintenance was aware and working to repair.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This property has some rather strange architecture in that the main entrance is on the 2nd floor, and the top floor is one floor higher. Some units open directly to the outside on the 1st floor (I presume where they put customers with discounted rates??). I disagree with one reviewer who says it's "minutes away" from downtown Charlottetown, as well as another who said it took 40 minutes. It took us 20 minutes, due to a number of lights and traffic patterns. The benefit, perhaps, of being out in the boonies is that there's plenty of parking, although it can be a trek to the doors and elevator. But you better realize that you're far from all of the action and good restaurants downtown.
The single elevator conked out once during our stay--thank God not when we had to move our luggage--but other than that we didn't have any problems. Unlike some other reviewers, I didn't have any problems with water temperature control (I was on the 3rd floor), nor did I have too much trouble with internet speed (not exactly the fastest, but I've seen a lot worse). The bedroom had ample space and modern furnishings and TV. The bathroom was a little on the cramped side. (I'm Platinum with Priority Club, so I probably got one of the better rooms)
Breakfasts were very standard for Holiday Inn Expresses: mass-produced, but filling and fairly tasty nevertheless. As with most HIX's, the cinnamon rolls were served warm and fluffy (the best part of HIX breakfasts). Unlike some HIX's, there's plenty of room at breakfast, so no worries about standing around waiting for people to clear tables.
The pool is rather small and shallow with no slide or hot tub. The lobby is fairly handsome, and not typical for HIX's. In short, I've seen nicer HIX's, and the location is distant from downtown, but I didn't have any major complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends