“Great place to stay when travelling with your dogs, no, really!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed March 22, 2011

There arent too many places on PEI that allow pets but the holiday Inn express did and it was a brand that we know is usually safe. We were not disappointed. The room was very clean and large. Check in was easy, staff was very helpful. Initially they gave us a room with a king bed and a set of bunk beds.... We booked a king suite. We had it corrected since the dogs did not need their own beds. Only a minor issue. Overall the hotel is accessible, clean, and pretty quiet. If you want to stay a bit out of town ( very close to the cows ice cream shop and outlets) this is a great choice. We loved PEI and if returning this would be a hotel we would chosse again. Thanks to Holiday Inn Express for being so reliable regardless of what province we are visiting.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown

Reviewed December 12, 2010

Cozy hotel, Krista at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with suggestions and recommendations. Although the breakfast was a slight disappointment overall we had a pleasant experience. One of the better hotels in Charlottetown.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Nice clean hotel with very friendly staff. Breakfast was great! Centrally located.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I like to stay at Holiday Inn hotels. They usually represent good value for the money.
This time in Charlottetown was different.
When I arrived the room was not cleaned - it was dirt on the floor. I am not a picky person - i was sure it would be cleaned next day. It was not. I complained and in the evening one person came with a vacuum cleaner and cleaned the carpet. I left some paper scrubs on the floor in the middle of the room to check if it would be cleaned next day. It was not cleaned for next two days. The bed was hardly made up on the third day.

Also internet was slow, sometimes dropping off. I tried cable connection, wireless during different times of the day - with no improvement. As I relay on internet I had to go out to get a good connection.

Otherwise hotel looks good, service in reception and restaurant was good and friendly.
Big surprise for me as in many years using Holiday Inn I have not experienced a bad stay there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Brejdak
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Not sure if I got the dud in the hotel but my room didn't have a working hair drier - discovered that in the morning - stains on the floor and stains on the bed cover as well as scraps and gouges in the wall.

Tells me that no one bothered to check the room or cared when they did. Not the quality that I would expect with this chain. I would have asked for another room but I was staying just one night and didn't know about the hair drier.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank scott6428
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stay in approx. 150 hotel rooms per year and this is the first time I have had ANTS in the room

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank LaceyGreenTraveler
Reviewed September 15, 2010

good sized hotel, good sized rooms and good value.

Overall clean and tidy, good swimming pool about 5 mins drive from downtown area

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple