“Going back this fall”

and 1 more site!
The Dawson House
Ranked #6 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Our stay at the Dawson House was excellent.
The Victoria room was amazing with the 4 poster bed and the view. Everything is in great shape and very clean. No noise could be heard at all. (except birds in the morning).
Breakfast was more than we expected with hot and cold items served. Other customers we met in the morning around the table were very up and was a pleasant breakfast. Very good service from the hosts, who were there thoughout out stay.
Thanks for the great night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Doug007-1

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I tried to reserve a room for 3 nights (July 28, 29 and 30) by e-mail to info@thedawsonhouse.com on May 25th, 2011 and never did receive any reply much less a confirmation. I did get a lovely b&b reservation at The Cranston and enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Henny1945
Dawson1852, Owner at The Dawson House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Unlike some B&B's, my husband and I live, run and do everything at our B&B. I'm soley responsible for answering all calls and emails and if I had failed to reply to one, I would not have done so intentionally. As it is our business and our life, it is very important that we both do the best we can and I hope that you can see that through the feedback of others.

I was confused when I read your email. It would have been not long after my father passed away and I thought perhaps I missed your email.

After going through all of our incoming emails, deleted emails and filed emails... I can honestly say I have NEVER received an inquiry from you on May 25th... or before or following this date. Perhaps you misspelled our email address or there was some technical difficulty, but I never received your request.

To my knowledge, there is not a B&B that is called the "Cranston" in Charlottetown, PEI. Perhaps you are speaking of the Cranford B&B on Fitzroy. As you did not send an email, thanking them for your great stay, I cannot tell if it is or not... but I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback.

I'm sorry you felt I did not respond. I did ask TripAdvisor to see if they could investigate this as well.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your trip to PEI and everything worked out well for you in the end.

Stacey & Randy

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We enjoyed our staying in The Dawson House (B&B), PEI very much. Even we were there just for 1 night, we received very warm and professional services. Stacey was very helpful of showing us where to visit in PEI. She even found us shuttle services to Halifax in very little notice.

The location's great. Just couple minutes drive from Downtown, Charlottetown. You can walk to the Victoria Park in a nice sunny weather.

The room was very clean. Our bed was very comfortable. Decors were beautiful and neat. Price was reasonable. We'll stay in this B&B again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank janice_hy_dodd
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Randy and Stacy gave us a warm welcome at the Dawson House. They were delightful and would cheerfully do anything to help us enjoy our stay – always upbeat. The Charlotte Room on the 2nd floor was very comfortable and clean. A guest refrigerator in the dining room was great for storing some cheese from “Cows” for an evening snack. Breakfasts were always a treat, with great food and conversation. The muffins and banana bread were special. There is a warm, fun spirit at breakfast with the tone set by Stacey and Randy.

Our hosts know Charlottetown and more distant areas of Prince Edward Island and were able to share insights and directions for beaches, music, restaurants, etc.

The Dawson House is on a beautiful street in Charlottetown. The walk into town is a pleasant 15 minutes and Randy and Stacy were able to recommend a path through Victoria Park and along the boardwalk. The location was great for going to beaches, historic sights, musical performances (which were everywhere on PEI, especially since we were there during the festival of Small Halls).

We would recommend Dawson House for a stay in Charlottetown, PEI.

JK USA

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jk1_beth
Reviewed June 24, 2011

well done rooms and common areas with lots of antiques.4 rooms all with jacuzzi tubs in bathrooms,very friendly area with a nice pool in the back.

Room Tip: ask for honeymoon suite,pretty sweet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rene047
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My parents and I stayed at the Dawson House for two nights early in May. The accomodations were very clean and comfortable but what sets this B&B apart from others is the warm friendly service provided by our hosts; Stacy and Randy.

Stacy and Randy have customer service down T, upon our arrival we were greeted warmly, we rec'd a quick tour of the premises and were then shown to our rooms.
Throughout our visit, Stacy and Randy were happy to accomodate any and all of our requests and always with a smile. They can't do enough for you.

Like other reviewers when I'm back on "the lsland" I'll be sure to stay with Stacy and Randy at the Dawson House!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WMR_58
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Dawson House for 2 nights as part of a trip to the Maritimes. The B&B is an absolutely beautiful old home located very close to downtown Charlottetown. Each room in the B&B is unique and is decorated with great attention to detail.

From the moment we arrived, owners Randy and Stacey made us feel completely comfortable and at home. They were incredibly friendly and gracious, and provided us with lots of information on where to go and what to do on the Island. We were cooked delicious breakfasts each morning and were provided with an absolutely fantastic experience. I would highly recommend the Dawson house to anyone visiting Charlottetown!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends