“Perfect evening, left stuffed”
Review of Lot 30 Restaurant - CLOSED

Lot 30 Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Newcastle, Australia
“Perfect evening, left stuffed”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here based on the great reviews of the place. The interior was nicely designed, and the staff were exceptionally nice. The proportions were large, and after an appetizer and main, I unfortunately didn't have room for any of the great looking options
I would highly, highly, very highly recommend the Mussel butter baked oysters. I have never had them this way, but I would come back just for them. Outstanding. For mains I had the lobster and my husband the pork. Both were perfectly cooked and so tasty you could not leave any on the plate.
Recommend calling ahead to reserve to ensure a spot!

Visited August 2014

Charlottetown, Canada
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This has been my favourite restaurant in Chtown for years which we frequent regularly year round. I have previously written great reviews and recommended it widely. My last experience however, has affected my desire to return. We had brought friends with us a few weeks ago. We were seated at 6pm and find not receive our food until 8 pm. When my haddock with chanterelles arrived there were no chanterelles. I asked the waiter about this and he didn't say anything and walked away. A little while later Mrs. Bailey arrived with a dish of chanterelles and said "you were missing these" no apology, and no notice of the fact that my fish was virtually finished by this time. I did not make a fuss as we had guests with us but I was very disappointed. When the waiter asked if we wanted to see dessert menus we said we did. We never received them and left the restaurant after 3 hours completely dissatisfied with the service. An off day? Maybe, but for what we paid, and the standard this restaurant wants to project, not good enough.

New York City, New York
“It could have been better...”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I had the lobster and it wasn't as good as I hoped it to be. Being in PEI, I was hoping for the best! The oysters were just average, and the beef tartar was also average. Wouldn't really recommend this place and am not sure why it had such high ratings.

1 Thank Victoria R
vacaville
“Finally made it”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We have been talking about going to Lot 30 with our friends for a few years and finally made it after seeing a performance at the Confederation center. Everything was fantastic from the service to the food. We all had appetizers that we shared and the beef tartar and cheddar perogies were the favorites. Three had the pork bellies and scallops and I had the fresh (caught at 4 P.M.) haddock. Again, we shared and were not disappointed with a bite. The portions are large so we did not have dessert. Anyone who can should eat here at least once in their lifetime.

• Visited August 2014
“Don't judge by the outside”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

All the previous raves got us here and they were right. Atmosphere inside was just right - modern and functional. Food was served hot and presentation was delightful. Our party of six selected a wide array of items and all were rated extemely good. Definitely a place to come back to.