“Excellent meal marred by bad info”
Review of Lot 30 Restaurant - CLOSED

Lot 30 Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Subject to the gripe below, this was one of the best meals on the island. Service was great and there was a lot of time between courses, as you would want in this type of meal. I think the dinner took over 2 hours. This is an event place (anniversary birthday, etc.). It was not cheap, easily nearing 100 dollars per person without going overboard.

2 Gripes - one on the restaurant and one on the patrons.

First Gripe - before I went to the restaurant, I checked the website for the menu and had my heart set on a particular dish - one I love but rarely eat. When the waiter handed me the menu I saw the menu was not the same as on the website and my hoped for dish was not there and other dishes I had mentioned to the other people were not there either.

When I inquired to the waiter he said "are you talking about the menu on the website?" yes, I say. "That is the winter menu" he says, "they haven't updated the website." Ummmm, its August.

Ok, so I had something else, something I probably would not have ordered under normal circumstances and had no particular desire for (in fact I never even had it before). It was delicious for sure, but I realy had my heart set on something else. Update the website, please. BTW, I checked the website just before I posted this review and it still has the "winter" menu on it.

2nd gripe - this time on patrons. As I mentioned this is an event place. Everyone had decent clothes on - the men were usually in polo or collared shirts. Even with jeans and sneakers or deck shoes everyone looked neat, giving the place a clean feel. In comes a party of 8 (all adults) that look like they got their clothes from the back seat of their car. Yes, I am impressed you visited the Hard Rock cafe in what looks like 1995 or were on some Carnival Cruise, and I can guarantee you I am not a snob, but to the guys, PLEASE put on a polo shirt, or at least a T-shirt from PEI.

1  Thank Robert R

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Went here based on Tripadvisor reviews. The atmosphere is very upscale but laid back, I was fine in a collar shirt and jeans. The menu changes weekly, so there are no specials. The food was amazing and very filling. The chef even adds his own family recipes to the menu, all of which were out of this world. Would definitely go back.
HIGHLY recommend making reservations

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great service and enjoyed watching the preparation of our food via the close circuit link to the kitchen. Lobster was a bit cold and they charge a $10 plating fee to split an entree for our two young children. Otherwise, the food was excellent. A real treat. As a Manitoban I'm sad we lost a chef and restauranteur of this caliber.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Lot 30 is our absolute favourite restaurant. We went there a few years ago on a recommendation from a friend when we first moved to PEI, and we have been going ever since. The staff are so attentive and prompt, and the food is absolutely bar none. We recently visited Raymond's in Newfoundland (ranked #1 in Canada), and it just couldn't hold a candle to Lot 30. The menu at Lot 30 is so innovative, and changes frequently, but they always keep their best sellers! Our recommendations are:
Appetizers: Scallops au gratin, Perogies, Mussels
Mains: Any lobster or steak, scallops with Parisienne gnocchi (THE BEST)

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Went here as a group of 10 in August 2014. After our supper, this place has officially set the bar for fine dining for me.

The food was wonderfully presented, delicious and the whole time was a great experience.

If you are sensitive to costs of your dinner, you may want to consider another location, as the prices reflect the quality of the food and service here.

Foodies - you must eat here!