“Great restaurant”
Review of Lot 30 Restaurant - CLOSED

Lot 30 Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We're from Toronto and therefore pretty picky when it comes to restaurants. The food here was top notch. The atmosphere was pretty generic but ok. A solid dinner experience.

2  Thank Eva K
There are newer reviews for Lot 30 Restaurant

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our dinner of scallops and goat cheese with green salad to start, with the lobster entree and brazed pork belly as the main, was very good. My meal (pork belly) melted in my mouth with hints of maple. My wife's lobster was tough and a little dry, although she did have some pieces that were succulent and cooked perfectly. The sauce was rich and tasty. We shared a chocolate lava cake for dessert and it was the best I have had. Overall the dinner was really good but for some reason after reading the reviews here, I expected more. Portion size is perfect. The dinner was relatively expensive ... $180 with tip and an inexpensive bottle of wine ($34) . It was a Saturday night 6 pm reservation but we didn't need it. Seemed to be extra tables. Service was excellent and first class. Lobster dish prevents me from rating excellent.

2  Thank WarningU2
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This restaurant gets great reviews and is recommended by locals, but we found it a little unfriendly. We were two women with reservations and of course they put us by the kitchen. I asked for one of the other (vacant) tables in a better location and was told they were reserved. This was at 7:30. One of those tables was never filled. There was also a man seated near us photographing each of his courses. He was obviously a food critic of some sort. He gave us something to watch between courses as he was up and down with his camera and seemed to be trying several entrees. Our service was OK and the food was pretty good. My ribeye steak was thinner than we get in the US, more like the size of a mid-price steakhouse. It was also slightly overdone . My friend had the halibut which she said was very tasty. Her creme brulee dessert was burned on top but she removed that and it was fine. This is not a fine dining place, but more of a casual "chic" establishment. Perhaps for the area, this is one of the top restaurants, but in comparison to other places I have eaten I would say it is rather average.

2  Thank mcbr
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our B&B suggested this restaurant for a special meal - and it was! We had a 6:30 reservation on a Tuesday, so it wasn't overly busy (best to have a reservation). We did the 5 course tasting menu (which has to be done for the whole table) and my husband included a wine flight with his. Each course was interesting and delicious. So much on the menu looked good, it was great to have a little of everything. There was blueberry soup, haddock, salmon, pork loin and a dessert sampler. My favorite was the salmon on poached pears - a great taste combination, while my husband loved the pork loin with hummus sauce and homemade pierogi. Service was great - attentive, but we never felt rushed. A wonderful meal we won't soon forget.

2  Thank abcdlatham
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We took our chances by not reserving a seat at this fabulous establishment and lucked in. We were seated at the bar and serve by a fascinating character, Chris. We bantered back & forth while he worked away and was great fun all along.

The food can only be described in one word - scrumptious! The appetizer menu was diverse and intriguing. For the main course, I enjoyed the pork & scallops while my lady had caramelized scallops. Dessert was too tempting to turn down and we both indulged.

Most highly recommended - whenever in Charlottetown you owe it to yourself to dine here.

2  Thank Dave M