“The real thing”

Ranked #12 of 268 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Food was fresh and tasty. Atmosphere fun and funky. It's frequented by locals so that is a very good sign. Great French fries as they are made in house. An all round good meal and enjoyable experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed July 25, 2014

One of my fond memories of travel in the Maritimes is having deep fried clam strips. On the present trip I tried them at three different places. The ones I had here were by far the best.
It is a small restaurant with picnic tables along the sidewalk on two sides - Prince and Water Streets. When we were there the inside was full and so were the picnic tables outside but we were invited by the staff to share a picnic table with a couple who were almost done their meal. It was a pleasant warm evening and the couple were friendly.
I will definitely return to this restaurant when I am next in Charlotte Town.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Our family sat at one of the picnic tables outside on a beautiful summer night. My wife loved the chowder, while we boys devoured our haddock n chips. Finished it up with a delicious lemon slice. A great night...just be careful coming out of the bathrooms!!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Get reservations to avoid a wait. We got there after the dinner rush and were seated right away at the outside picnic tables. These are communal tables, so be prepared to chat with your neighbors. We sat with a lovely family and enjoyed the experience. The food was fresh from the sea - and good prices. We had fried clams. Our table mates had mussels which they raved about. They also ordered the lobster that came as we were leaving, so we didn't get their opinion on that. From the crowds, and the plates of lobster we saw, I'm guessing it is one of their specialties. The fries were good too, just the way I like them - well done and crispy.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our hotel recommended this restaurant as a great local treat with fantastic seafood. My wife and I were not disappointed. It is a small busy not much too look at place but the food was delicious. We had the seafood chowder to start which was I think the best I have tasted to date. The lobster was very tasty. My wife had the Fried Clams and enjoyed them very much. My wife asked Bonnie about clams with the body and without the body and instead of explaining she had some made up for her to tried. Great customer service.
Busy place make reservations. We did not and had to wait over an hour and half. Which gave us some time to experience some of the local beers. Everyone came out a winner.
The restaurant did clear out after 8:30, I don't know if this was normal.