“Lobster From the Source!”

Water Prince Corner Shop and Lobster Pound
Ranked #6 of 254 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Abbotsford
“Lobster From the Source!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is our second year returning to this wonderful "hole in the wall" place that is just busting at the seams whatever night of the week you descend upon it. Recommend booking ahead, even mid week early evening as they are always busy!
The mussels were amazing, followed by our freshly cooked lobster - mmmmm is all I can say. Definitely arrive feeling hungry because you will leave filled to the brim with tasty food that will have you wanting to come back again and again!!!
Hopefully be there again next year!

• Visited July 2013

“One of the most popular places in town”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had the fish and chips and the seafood chowder. The fish was good. The fries were ok. The seafood chowder needs some love. I am sure that was pollock in there dressed up like lobster. Pollock is a swear word in the maritimes. Here's what my wife says: If it smells like fish it ain't fresh. So stick with the basics here. We did buy some of the frozen Lobster meat to take home and prepare for ourselves.

Visited August 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Definitely make the effort (and a reservation)”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Absolutely loved this restaurant. Was happy to have made reservations - as others have said this has limited seating and is very popular. We went at 7:30 which seemed to be a good time - I think we would have just missed the theatre crowd.

Such a cozy, nicely decorated place - you can tell it has lots of history. The wait staff is very friendly and very efficient. The menu is phenomenal, the food is so fresh, and the portions are huge.

For starters my husband had a cup of the seafood chowder (which looked really nice) and I had a garden salad - which was the biggest, nicest looking salad I think I have ever had in a restaurant. The ranch dressing I had with it was lovely. We decided to split an order of the fish and chips and were so glad we did - it was definitely enough for 2 people! The fries were fresh cut, the haddock melt in your mouth, the breading not greasy, the tartar sauce fresh and the coleslaw fantastic.

We had decided to split the meal because we'd caught a glimpse of the dessert board. Even then, we were still stuffed. That didn't stop us though! He had strawberry rhubarb pie with ice cream, and I had an absolutely amazing strawberry shortcake.

If you want real home cooking and local seafood and a true Maritime / PEI experience, you will not be disappointed to come here. All this amazing food, with drinks, came to $60, including tax and tip, which seems like a bargain for the quality (and quantity). Will definitely be recommending.

• Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Make reservation to avoid line up. Was worth the wait. Staff was friendly. Food was excellent.Would definitely recommend!!!! Best tasting food ever. Clamp chowder a must try!!

Visited August 2013
Oshawa
“A true PEI experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

LOVED it! Would not express enough my opinion of this restaurant. I had the opportunity to visit PEI on a conference with work I wanted to experience the island as a local even though I am "from away" as it has always been a dream of mine to go there. Research online prior to my trip had me discover this gemstone and I hoped I would be lucky enough to give it a try. Arriving for the conference two days early I was excited to discover it was only a mere few blocks from the hostel I was staying at for the night. In PEI for 4 days had three of my meals here.....does that show how much I enjoyed it.....for lunch on my first day I had the seafood chowder it was filling and full of seafood perfect temperture and blend of seasoning. For dinner one night I had their fish and chips, tartar sauce, malt vinegar and think bread all give it an authentic feeling the battered fish my fried to perfection and their was a healthy order of french fries. For a late lunch on my last day in PEI I had the lobster, now I love lobster and having it fresh in PEI well there is simply no comparison. This place is cute with licence plates, records, pic of celebrities and fishing "stuff" decorating the place the fishing boots outside drying off was a nice touch. The waitresses were friendly and really seemed to enjoy their job. It is also a lobster pound two of my co-workers ordered lobster to fly home with them packed on ice. This place was a real find and if I ever am lucky enough to go to PEI again I will go back!

• Visited April 2013