“Made me want to re-read the Anne of Green Gables Books again”

Anne of Green Gables Store
Ranked #4 of 25 Shopping in Charlottetown
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Boy! I hadn't read these books in years. Visiting the place that inspired the Anne of Green Gables Books made me purchase the series when we got home. Am on the first book and am totally enjoying it. Even more than when I first read them because now I have actually visited the area and can visualize what the story is describing from the house to the woods to the roads and the red dirt. The visit is bringing the whole book to life. If you want o relive your childhood go visit the Anne of Green Gables house and property. The tour we took was excellent. We were on a cruise but we booked it off the ship and the tour included a drive to a perserve shop, where we of course bought some lemon curd and apple/cinnamon preserves, and it took us through the PEI National park where we were able to see the red sand dunes (as red as in Kauai) and the most exciting part is we got to see wild foxes. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever see that animal on this trip. Only expected to see Beluga whales and maybe a few moose. Got some great pictures of them because it appears as though people are feeding them so they come right on the roadway and some just sit there just perfect for a photo opportunity. Really enjoyed Charlottetown. What a lovely City. Wouldn't mind going back and staying there awhile. Found it to be very peaceful, relaxing, and beautiful.

All reviews
"pei"
in 9 reviews
"display"

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Visiting the area that Lucy Maud Montgomery based her famous book "Anne of Green Gables" on just gave you a warm happy feeling as you relived what you visualized reading the book. Be sure and see the movie version of the book before visiting to really understand the area. Beautiful landscape!

1  Thank R-Ann
Reviewed October 6, 2012

It has been many years since I read about this fictional girl from PEI.
If you are ever in Charlottetown, you MUST see the show Anne of Green Gables the Musical. It is for kids and adults. The cast and singing are wonderful. And it will give you an overall happy feeling !

2  Thank Lindygeeee
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good prices, somewhat less expensive than at the actual house, great variety, loved the Ann hat with braids!

1  Thank marsha51