“Over Rated”

Ranked #11 of 255 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great steaks, big wine, and PEI hospitality coming together to create the ultimate dining experience.
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Service is good but food is below average - you would be better off to cook your own pot roast at home. We had the brisket special which came with heavy leak and potatoe soup, brisket with a baked potato (couldn't tell what the vegetables were - it was served in a bowl and things were hidden ...) and chocolate pate - sickly sweet. We both had stomach problems in the early morning (we didn't finish the main course and only took a bite out of the dessert). What a waste of $60 (per person).

There are newer reviews for Sims Corner Steakhouse & Oyster Bar

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I guess some people equate price with quality. Have eaten here twice and been disappointed both times (and gave up trying). The steaks are decent, but for the price they should be great - definitely not 'big city steakhouse' quality (if you're thinking Hy's, you shouldn't even consider Sims). The side dishes can be questionable at best. Good atmosphere and they do try to impress, but they should concentrate on improving the food rather than trying to create a posh atmosphere (which they don't really pull off). The service is adequate, but should be better for the product they are pitching. On the plus side, a decent wine selection.

Reviewed October 2, 2010

0We were reccomended to go here by the hotel we were staying at. Great first impression decore is stunning with lots of rustic charm.
Started with drinks and oysters at the bar. The pleasant young lady behind the bar offered us the choice between 8 local oysters. We decided to have one of each, along with an appitizer that was reccomended called Beef Bacon and Blue. The flavor combination was amazing and all the oysters were very delicious and shucked to perfection with the "sinners in heaven" being our favorite.
We finially moved to our table where we were greeted by a friendly and knowledgable server. He picked out a great italian wine to go with our dinner choices. My wife went with the fresh atlantic halibut and I went with the chefs specialty the "cigar tenderloin". The halibut got rave reviews and my tenderloin was best I have ever had. It melted in your mouth and the flavor from the cedar was very unique. Unfortunetly we did not have room for dessert.
Food, staff and atmosphere were all first class we will be sure to stop in on our next visit to the island.

Reviewed September 11, 2010

Not many restaurants in Charlottetown are open on a Sunday evening, so we decided after dinner on Saturday to walk around and see what was open on Sunday. Sims' wine bar on Sydney Street looked pleasant, so we went to the front of the restaurant and made a Sunday dinner reservation. The staff is pleasant; there is outside dining; the interior is very dark. I had the macaroni and lobster. The dish came and it consisted of wide noodles, lots of creamy sauce and 4 or 5 very small pieces of lobster. The price was about $18 which I thought was steep for what I was served. My husband liked his steak. My friends were satisfied with their meals. I would choose a different place for a meal.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

We went to Sims to celebrate our anniversary. We had a wonderful meal which was cooked just the way we requested, vegetables were fresh and the favour was amazing. The service was fast, friendly and made sure that all our needs were met and exceeded.

It is an expensive resaurant but it is work the money for the atmosphere, the food and the service you are given.

At great evening!