“Delicious food, great atmosphere, worth the price”

Sims Corner Steakhouse & Oyster Bar
Ranked #11 of 251 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great steaks, big wine, and PEI hospitality coming together to create the ultimate dining experience.
PEI
“Delicious food, great atmosphere, worth the price”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Tried Sims Corner for a romantic birthday supper, and was thrilled by the recent announcement that the restaurant is now using Island beef. Dinner was delicious - the tenderloin done to absolute perfection and melted in my mouth. Also tried the roast chicken - very good. The garlic mashed potatoes were delicious.
The only drawback was the selection of side vegetables - the veggies of the day were green beans and cabbage - liked the beans, but not the cabbage. But the meal was filling and delicious in and of itself.
Did not have dessert that evening, but have had dessert there before and was not dissappointed - there are some very lovely seating niches in front of the fire place that are very relaxing.

Charlottetown, Canada
“Great food but expensive”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

My husband and I went to SIMS because we had tried other places around town and wanted something a little better. We heard SIMS was expensive but thought we'd try it anyway.

It was fantastic. The waiter was attentive, the menu selection varied, I tried the beef salad (I highly recommended), and my husband went for the Island steak.

The atmosphere was cozy, we sat beside the exposed brick in the back room, it just gave that old world feeling to it.

While it may seem expensive compared to other restaurants, the reason we'll go back is that they are by far, THEE BEST high end restaurant in the city. Fresh delicious, local when possible, meals. Great decor, excellent service.

Stratford, Canada
“Upscale dining”
Reviewed October 30, 2009

The food was excellent, service great, but the wine list was way out of line. This is definitely one of C'town's top restaurants, but the pricing doesn't reflect the full package. Spend the money, but they'll let you down sometime during the experience.

Vancouver
“Nice downtown restaurant with good food”
Reviewed October 5, 2009

We always like to sit at the bar when there is just the 2 of us dining. The bartender was a very nice young lady and when we asked if we could get lobster (this is a steak restaurant!) she went off and asked the chef if he could prepare lobster dinners for us even though it wasn't "lobster night". No problem. We were able to get our fill of delicious local fresh lobster with some very nice wine and thoroughly enjoyed chatting with the friendly bartender throughout our meal. It was very enjoyable.

Danvers, Massachusetts
“Quality of food relative to cost-go elsewhere!”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

8/15/09: 4 people dining, none had a totally positive experience. All potato dishes tasted like old, poorly stored potatoes. My wife's "specialty" potato dish was not edible. Vegetables poorly prepared. My seafood over linguine turned out to be over penne pasta as they had run out of linguine. OK except I would like to be told of substitution in the event I would like to change my choice. The shrimp in my dish were the small, hard shrimp you would find in grocery store shrimp cocktail sauce. Extremely overpriced for the end result.