“still hungry”

Sims Corner Steakhouse & Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 247 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Canadian, American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Great steaks, big wine, and PEI hospitality coming together to create the ultimate dining experience.
Stratford, Canada
“still hungry”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The steak was excellent but there were not enough potatoes. I am a small man and I was still hungry at the end of the meal. I have never returned.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Daniel M

Dalhousie, NB
“Exceptions experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We showed up late on a Tuesday night, the wait staff informed us that the kitchen was closed but the bar was still open if we wanted drinks... We replied we needed some food, and she offered to shuck oysters if that would work.... It turned out to be the best decision we made!! She turned it into an oyster tutorial!! We sampled 6 different kinds of oysters, our waitress explained everything you could possibly want to know about oysters, and highlighted all the different characteristics of the oysters! And the cocktails were awesome, try the maple martini, it's not sweet, made with a peach vodka.... Had a fabulous night, the waitress couldn't do enough for us considering they stayed open just for us!! Exceptional night!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cajunsnowdog
Waterloo, Canada
“Excellent seafood and wine list”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were Charlottetown for a cruise stop over and looking for lunch. Came across this restaurant and decided to give it a shot. I had 3 fresh oysters which were all great. Ordered tacos (2 lobster, one duck) which were excellent. Ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigo which was excellent also.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SeekerOfWine
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Oyster Venue”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Allegedly the best oyster venue in Charlottetoen, we agree: the Pickle Points and Lucky Limes, which were not available at other restaurants we visited, were outsanding. Interestingly enough, with few exceptions, oysters in PEI (home of the Malpeques) and Nova Scotia, (Tatamagouche) were more expensive than those PEI oysters we can get at home in Washington, DC . Sims also serves excellent salads and for those looking for a change from oysters, haddock, lobster rolls, etc. steaks. Canadian beef!

• Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“We Loved Tender Steak and Extras at Sims Corner, Charlottetown, PEI”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were well ready for a good steak. We made our choices quickly. My husband opted for a steak with some oysters, me without. The only thing odd for me was to find my french fries with a squeeze of some sort of sauce all over them which I wasn't going to like at all. So I asked to have them without. The waitress handled my mistake really well and I soon had my steak returned with a fresh set of fresh cut fries on the side. We came before the dinner hour so it was sad not to be able to get vegetables with the meal. The chocolate mousse dessert was heavenly as was the perfectly cooked tender steak.

Our waitress was helpful but not attentive. The lack of kitchen prep for late lunches was sad.

The bathrooms were clean. The restaurant has all sorts of nooks and crannies. We sat up from in a private area. Outside, people ate at cafe tables. The backrooms were waiting for the dinner crowd.

• Visited August 2013