“Great food, ambience and service”

Sims Corner Steakhouse & Oyster Bar
Ranked #14 of 249 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great steaks, big wine, and PEI hospitality coming together to create the ultimate dining experience.
Charlottetown
“Great food, ambience and service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been to Sims a couple of times in the past two years, but typically only for an appetizer or a drink. This past weekend my partner and I went to celebrate our anniversary. I had won a silent auction for a four-course dinner with wine flight and decided this would be the perfect time to redeem it. The evening was spectacular from start to finish. Our server turned out to be the in-house sommelier and she was happy to provide us with excellent descriptions of every pairing and even gave us different wines with some courses when we indicated different preferences. The wines suited the food perfectly and we were impressed with the quantity we were served. Now, to the food...I've had a few tasting menus over the years, but until now I've never had the chef come out and ask questions of his customers to ensure he served up a meal we'd thoroughly enjoy. We were treated to four delectable dishes, each very unique and showcasing different flavors. My partner asked me which was my favorite, but it's so hard to say!! The simplicity of the tomato and goat's cheese salad was a wonderful starter, followed by a pairing of shrimp, scallop, bacon and candied onion (YUM!!), then a divine piece of steak topped with a delicious blue cheese sauce and served along with foie gras poutine! A chocolate mousse to finish the evening off. It was truly a wonderful dining experience and I'll definitely make a point to visit Sims more often now that I know their service and food are so outstanding. Oh, and a final note that the ambience at this restaurant is perfect for a romantic evening - loved the lighting, authentic brick walls and cosy booth that we were sat at.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Shannon C

Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
“small, great atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

good food, great service, cozy atmosphere. waitress friendly and the meal was upscale. Loved the booths and the bar

Visited October 2012
Burlington, Canada
“Yum, Yum, Yum”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great food, great service, great atmosphere!!! Will definitely be back again and again and.... Need we say more?

• Visited October 2012
Maryland
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Sins Corner offered the best steak we had in our two week swing through the Canadian Maritimes. It's a very friendly place with great service, and terrific food and drinks. Salads are fresh and most food comes from local farmers, as is the case with many restaurants in this region. Farm-to-table is the rule rather than the exception. We would eat here again any time!

• Visited August 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Great service, Excellent food!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We walked into Sims having been turned away at another restaurant. The hostess at the other restaurant seemed happy to tell us that their restaurant couldn't accomodate us. This was our great fortune. We were welcomed and seated immediately at Sims. My husband and I ordered a caprese salad and an 8 oz tenderloin steak dinner to share. Our waittress and the kitchen were very accomodating, dividing the food onto two plates for us. The food came out in a timely manner. The caprese salad was one of the best that we have ever eaten. The tomatoes and mozarella cheese were very fresh. The vinaigrette had a faint sweet taste to it. The steak was tender and moist, prepared to the doneness that we had requested. Our steak came with vegetables and mashed potatoes. The vegetables and mashed potatoes were very flavourful. We were able to enjoy every bite without feeling stuffed.

• Visited October 2012