“Great location, great hospitality”

Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 43 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Wasaga Beach
“Great location, great hospitality”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Heart's Content Bed and Breakfast July 31 - August 4 , 2013
We found it to be comfortable and convenient. A block from the ocean and 5 minutes to down town shopping and restaurants. There is plenty to do in Charlottetown, with sightseeing and walking tours. Joan was a delightful hostess we enjoyed her breakfast chats and information about PEI. We would certainly recommend this quaint bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: The spring room is a pleasant room for 2 people
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jean B
scottishlass42, Owner at Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 2, 2015
Thanks so much for staying and for your kind comments. The Spring room is a favourite with guests mainly because it has its own vanity - I have invested in a another for the Winter room as well. I hope you can return for another visit.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Elkton, Maryland
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My mother and I stayed a week at the Heart's Content, and were very sad to leave. Truly a Scottish-style bed and breakfast with outstanding hospitality and comfort. Joan takes great pride, as she should, in knowing her home island and all it has to offer visitors. She has personally visited sites and features of the island and can provide first-hand knowledge and opinions. Joan goes over the top to ensure her guests are taken care of properly. I was not looking for a high end experience with antiques and spa tubs--I was looking for comfort and a "home away from home." All expectations exceeded. Excellently located to walk to most areas of interest in Charlottetown, and to jump over the bridge to the east island locations.

Room Tip: The b&b is a duplex joined by the kitchens. If you will need a couple of rooms, you can ask to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SandiannGrace
scottishlass42, Owner at Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Although it has taken me a while to get around to this response, Sandi Ann, I do remember you and your mother well and how much you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you here and I really treasure the warmth of your comments. Mother/daughter visits are very often the best experiences I have in the summer. Makes me miss my own two lovely daughters. Hope you can come again.
Seattle
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Heart's Content is in a great location in the heart of Charlottetown. The 150 year old duplex style house has a Victorian feel. It is on a lovely street across from a park and only blocks to the historic and business center of town. We were able to park our car there and walk to explore so many sites.

Joan the owner is a warm, friendly and knowledgeable hostess. The breakfasts were not elaborate, but the Scottish oat cakes were are lovely treat. She very willingly accommodated our late night arrival as our flight arrived close to midnight. On one of our days in town we took her advice and did an architectural walking tour of the area and were so glad we did.

We had a fairly big room with the bathroom was down the hall. For the price this is a great place. If you are looking for a 5 star place, you should choose somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TropicalFun253
Glad you enjoyed the oatcakes - they are made by Walkers of Speyside and are a real treat with the locally made Island honey that I serve and the Robertson's Scotch or Ginger Marmalade - both special favourites of mine when I was growing up. One of these days, I am going to learn to make my own oatcakes but something tells me, they won't be as tasty as these ones are. Glad you enjoyed the Architectural tour. Charlottetown has many significant Victorian buildings worthy of interpretation and appreciation.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We spent two very pleasant nights at Heart's Content in rooms that were comfortable and quiet. Breakfast of fresh-baked muffins and scones (cereal, oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, fruit all available too) just what we needed, and if you're there on a Saturday afternoon, the amiable hostess, Joan, also does wonderfully informative Charlottetown architectural tours too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Toulousians
Here I am finally getting round to saying thank you for the full five star review you left on this site- it feels so good to be appreciated like that and makes all the hard work worth while. I hope you can come back and see the improvements that have been made.
Reviewed July 28, 2011

James & Jamie from High Prairie, Alberta here. Unfortunately many sites will allow you to anonymously post abusive reviews with no recourse for the business being reviewed. I would hope that the savvy consumer would see the outlandish nature of a couple reviews and take them with a grain of salt like we did. Are we ever glad we did exactly that!

A truly wonderful stay, and wonderful company during breakfast as well. Easy to find, parking was a breeze, walking distance to anything you could care to see in the city. Whether it be shopping, dining or a stroll on the oceanfront boardwalks it is all available quickly. Our next stay will be longer, and can't come along soon enough. A fine, well appointed room with a truly relaxing atmosphere, wonderful.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank JandJBabcock
Thanks so much you folks from High Prairie for the five star grading - so generous and helpful. Quite a few guests have heeded your advice and mentioned that they ignored the nasty false review that is still on my page even although that person did not even stay with me and I have asked for it to be removed to no avail. My main aim in running the B and B is to make sure guests leave there with happy hearts and content with their stay. Then they are sure to tell others - I get lots of referrals from former guests.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My wife wasn't happy about the funny smell she noticed in the bathroom, like the sewer was backing up. We didn't say anything because the owner seemed oblivious to our hints, I guess you get used to smells you're around more often. Other than that it was sort of cluttered....my wife is quite orderly and wasn't very happy, when normally she likes B&B's.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gmac155004
scottishlass42, Owner at Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Unfortunately this guest has made an error. Did they stay at another Heart's Content? Or did they get me confused with another place they stayed at? No one from Ottawa stayed here in June. None of my guests hinted at a sewer smell to me or I would have acted on it immediately. No other guest has complained and there is no smell! For some reason, the Trip Advisor website will not allow me to ask for the removal of this posting. I do not solicit my guests to post all the compliments they give me about my place but I do appreciate those that do.
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Had a great 4 night stay. I had other commitments so basically needed a place to sleep.

Joan was a great hostess and steered me to some great lobster.

Room and breakfast is basic but fills the need and has a great price.

• Stayed May 2011