“Quiet, pleasant, and an unbeatable value”

Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 45 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Burlington, Vermont
“Quiet, pleasant, and an unbeatable value”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We spent two very pleasant nights at Heart's Content in rooms that were comfortable and quiet. Breakfast of fresh-baked muffins and scones (cereal, oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, fruit all available too) just what we needed, and if you're there on a Saturday afternoon, the amiable hostess, Joan, also does wonderfully informative Charlottetown architectural tours too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Toulousians
scottishlass42, Owner at Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Here I am finally getting round to saying thank you for the full five star review you left on this site- it feels so good to be appreciated like that and makes all the hard work worth while. I hope you can come back and see the improvements that have been made.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed July 28, 2011

James & Jamie from High Prairie, Alberta here. Unfortunately many sites will allow you to anonymously post abusive reviews with no recourse for the business being reviewed. I would hope that the savvy consumer would see the outlandish nature of a couple reviews and take them with a grain of salt like we did. Are we ever glad we did exactly that!

A truly wonderful stay, and wonderful company during breakfast as well. Easy to find, parking was a breeze, walking distance to anything you could care to see in the city. Whether it be shopping, dining or a stroll on the oceanfront boardwalks it is all available quickly. Our next stay will be longer, and can't come along soon enough. A fine, well appointed room with a truly relaxing atmosphere, wonderful.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank JandJBabcock
Thanks so much you folks from High Prairie for the five star grading - so generous and helpful. Quite a few guests have heeded your advice and mentioned that they ignored the nasty false review that is still on my page even although that person did not even stay with me and I have asked for it to be removed to no avail. My main aim in running the B and B is to make sure guests leave there with happy hearts and content with their stay. Then they are sure to tell others - I get lots of referrals from former guests.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My wife wasn't happy about the funny smell she noticed in the bathroom, like the sewer was backing up. We didn't say anything because the owner seemed oblivious to our hints, I guess you get used to smells you're around more often. Other than that it was sort of cluttered....my wife is quite orderly and wasn't very happy, when normally she likes B&B's.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gmac155004
scottishlass42, Owner at Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Unfortunately this guest has made an error. Did they stay at another Heart's Content? Or did they get me confused with another place they stayed at? No one from Ottawa stayed here in June. None of my guests hinted at a sewer smell to me or I would have acted on it immediately. No other guest has complained and there is no smell! For some reason, the Trip Advisor website will not allow me to ask for the removal of this posting. I do not solicit my guests to post all the compliments they give me about my place but I do appreciate those that do.
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Had a great 4 night stay. I had other commitments so basically needed a place to sleep.

Joan was a great hostess and steered me to some great lobster.

Room and breakfast is basic but fills the need and has a great price.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Sue444444
Saskatchewan
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This home is handy to many attractions. The problem is that it is very unkept and cluttered. The steps to the bedrooms are very steep. The bathroom is very small and it is difficult to share such limited space. The breakfasts were adequate and basic. Parking is not always available. I will choose somewhere else on my next visit to Charlottetown.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank lled
scottishlass42, Owner at Heart's Content Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 6, 2011
Regular guests who know Heart's Content were amazed by this posting as the comments are so negative. This guest's review does not mention that I did not charge her for one of the three nights she stayed.There were extenuating circumstances surrounding this her arrival as my first one of the season. My opening dates are traditionally mid to late May but I accepted this booking for the first few days of the month as I usually I have several weeks to get the house in shape. On this occasion and to my great surprise, my winter residents insisted on remaining till April 30th. I considered phoning to cancel the reservation but shied away from disappointing someone who seemed very keen to stay with me, based on previous reviews!
I did have the room ready and most of the property in order when they came but there was a certain amount of disorder in the house because a bathroom was being replaced.
I apologised profusely for any irritation this might be causing them and reduced the price of their stay.
My place is advertised as 1864 Victorian and when I heard this guest was bringing her mother with her, as I always do in these cases (at the risk of offending sprightly seniors), I alerted her immediately about the stairs. Guests rave about the breakfasts at Heart's Content and the room diaries are bulging with wonderful comments about how people love being here and want to come back. These were the only guests on site at the time-I was just gearing up for serving breakfast and was not quite at the peak of my form. It saddens me that no mention of discontent was made to me personally on the spot as I bent over backwards to compensate for the less than perfect state of things. Most of the time guests have no problem parking on the street near the house and I gladly move my own car to accommodate them.
A glance at the record of this traveller's postings shows her preference for high end accommodations where costs may be covered by the work she is involved in, and a personal choice of budget establishments and hostels when vacationing - so the expectations should change. In this case I gave 2 people bed and breakfast in a prime location for $20 each per night which is in tune with my customary generous nature. In spite of this review I had the best year ever at the B and B and hope to welcome just as many visitors this summer who will leave with their hearts content.
Addison, Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Perfect for our purposes. We needed overnight accommodation in Charlottetown, close to the historict district. This was a bargain, and Joan is a dear lady!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank twintx
Lethbridge, Alberta
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Had a wonderful time at Heart's Content in Charlottetown, close to absolutely everything worth doing in town. The accommodations are very comfie and Joan makes everyone feel right at home with her fabulous breakfasts and genuine Scottish hospitality. She is also very helpful with folks wanting to know what to do and how to get there! My room was huge and beautifully decorated with a Victorian flair (and the bed was super comfortable). Joan's home as well, on the exterior, is very inviting, with its smart white clapboard siding and smart black trimmed windows and doors. The garden in the back as well is gorgeous and guests are invited to set out. Without doubt, Joan's Heart's Content B & B is the best deal to be found in the Maritimes.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo