“Windsor, Ontario” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windsor

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Detroit, Michigan
43 helpful votes
“Windsor, Ontario”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

Windsor is very American to me. When you cross the bridge, you immediately see a McDonalds, Pizza Hut, and Dairy Queen. All that is there is basically the Ceasars Casino. We took the Canadian Club Whiskey tour for 5 bucks. In the end, you get a glass as a souvenir that says Canadian Club Whiskey on it. It was pretty neat. Check out their website for times. Parking is free. The Detroit skyline is beautiful though, esp at night. Dollaramas are my favorite stores in Canada. They are like our Dollar Trees, but I can usually find some cheap Canadian coffe mugs, etc for souvenirs for the family. They are everywhere and take American money. You will get Canadian money back, but just go to WalMart, buy something, and give the Canadian money to them first. Put the rest on your debit card. Most people take those used as a credit card. Your bank may charge about 15-30 cents per transaction for conversion fees (This is what my bank charges). The park is pretty, though along the Detroit River. It's 4 dollars to cross the bridge or go through the tunnel.

Been to Windsor? Share your experiences!