“Really bad service”

Neighborhood: City Centre
Windsor, Ontario
“Really bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had booked a show at nearby Caesars that was to start at 9pm. We booked Chanoso's for 6pm so we could relax and have a nice evening together. It was a cold evening and I actually left my coat on most of the time as we were constantly blasted by cold air every time the door opened. It took 30 minutes to get a wine list. Another 30 before we could order. Another 30 minutes passed until we were told that the wine we had ordered was not available. Wine eventually arrives at 8pm. At this stage we were told that the dish my husband had ordered was not available! 8;30pm - food finally arrives. My spice level 7 tasted like a 2 ! My husband's dish was awful. However, we had a show to get too so we eat the food and left ASAP. Never again!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank AdaLovelace

TECUMSEH
“different flare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

this place is downtown, and serves a different kind of flare, its small but its friendly and the food is very tasty, this is one of my friends most favorite place to eat

Visited August 2012
Thank MRS.TRAVELS.OFTEN
Windsor, Canada
“Stark”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch in a party of five. The service was good, the food was mediocre. Three of our group are regulars, I believe mostly due to proximity, and they all complained about the inconsistency of the spicy scale from one day to the next. I had the pad Thai and it was mediocre. What was most disappointing was the lack of ambience of the interior. The pace is in need of a make over. It certainly isn't anywhere as good as I remember it once was.

Ontario
“Has gone downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have been to Chanoso's a number of times over several years. Their service is typically slow, but their food has generally been quite good, until a recent Sunday night visit. Their avocado eggs rolls were fantastic as always, but it went downhill from there. The sushi rice wasn't properly cooked (glue-y/gummy on the outside, uncooked on the inside) and the flavour combinations were odd, as though someone hadn't mixed the sauces, etc. properly. Although one roll was replaced after we mentioned the rice, several more came with the same improperly cooked rice. In 20+ years of eating sushi, I've never had any restaurant get the rice wrong! The server also completely forgot one of our drink orders. I will continue picking up their avocado egg rolls at the various festivals I attend, but I think I'm done with eating there in person.

• Visited January 2013
Windsor, Canada
“Good food but slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I really enjoy eating here however at times the service is very slow. Also depending on the chef your stir fry sauce may taste different. I go back because I enjoy the food but my husband refuses to come with me now due to the service.

• Visited November 2012