“Love the new menu” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Riverside
“Love the new menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great Halibut Fish and Chips, Chicken Tacos and the best deep fried pickles I have had in a long time!

• Visited April 2014

“friday dinner night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

7 of us out for a friday dinner...the all you can eat haddock was fantastic as 3 of us had it...was hot and plentiful...another couple had the halibut dinners and said it was very good..the only downer was the crab cakes...so tiny for the price ..otherwise a very enjoyable experience

Visited May 2013
2 Thank alex g
Windsor, ON
“THEY DON'T HAVE A MINUS RATING TO RATE THIS RESTAURANT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Can we say OMG!!! This was one of the WORST EXPERIENCES I have EVER HAD!!! I should have seen the signs heading into the restaurant from the number of cars in the parking lot. It was Mothers Day, and I wanted to treat my Mother to a nice meal of frog legs - which she enjoys because she does not get that dish too often. I decided to take her somewhere different within the city to have her dish. I called ahead to make sure that they had frog legs available as it was on their wonderful looking website. So in saying that, the parking lot which can hold a fairly large number of vehicles - had five vehicles in it - hmmm, on Mothers Day??? The interior of this restaurant is very clean and very inviting, there was no problem with that. The owners or staff were very polite and courteous. We were seated - I ordered a bruschetta to begin with and then had inquired about the "healthiest fish on the planet" meal, to which I was told that they were out of and it should not be on the menu. So I decided on the "fresh" perch dinner, the larger portion 8oz. , lighted dusted and pan sauteed. My Mom ordered a dinner of frog legs. After almost 45 minutes with an apology to the length of time it had taken for the bruschetta to arrive (the flat bread was cooked fresh they told me) - when it arrived, not only was the flat bread cooked to a crisp, but the tomatoes and cheese and oil ingredients were very hot. I waited for it to cool and began to eat and also my Mom took a piece - she stopped after one bite saying "it tasted very sour". I continued to eat my piece as I had noticed the sourness, but figured it would get better - but it only got worse. I informed "Bob" our waiter/host, of the problem - to which he replied this is our recipe and that is the way it is to taste. To which I told him, that I have had bruschetta in many restaurants in the U.S. and Canada and never had a sour taste that was sour and like vinegar and not appealing to the taste buds. He said I will take it off your bill. Then out came our plates of food - my dish was a deep fried "HALIBUT"!!!! At this point I was not going to tell "BOB", this was not what I ordered as it was Halibut and not Perch. Their supposedly great home made coleslaw tasted just like something from the cuttings of my freshly mowed lawn, and not appealing whatsoever. My Moms dish of frog legs were beyond overcooked, they were so overcooked that the batter stuck to the skeleton of the frog legs!!! They were also tough. I had "Bob" come over and I showed him this to which he replied "this is the way we cook them and the coating causes it to be this way." OH MY GAWD!!! Chef Ramsay needs to come to this place!!! My Mom and I have been to other restaurants which usually fry the frog legs to a nice plump and juicy light tan brown colour and they are not tough and usually very appetizing. He then offered to take this dish off my bill at which he replied to me that I don't seem to like anything, including the bruschetta!!! He attempted to offer us coffee, tea and dessert, to which I replied, just get my the bill and we need to leave as soon as possible. I don't know why I felt obliged to at least give him a nice tip, but I did. As we were leaving he said "God bless you, and have a nice day." WOW, REALLY??? Later that evening, I took my Mom somewhere else for a half way decent meal - unfortunately not the frog legs dinner she was so looking forward to.

• Visited May 2013
Kavos, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Menard's is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stay above Menard's at the Riverdale Inn whenever I am in Windsor and I have eaten there a few times. The food is great value, very tasty, and the service is awesome. They always make me feel at home and I always over hear friendly banter with locals. If you find yourself in Windsor check them out, and if you need a place to stay the rooms above are fantastic value.

• Visited November 2012
“Great neighbourhood bar/resaturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I hadn't been to Menard's for many years so my wife and I went for dinner on a Friday evening last fall (2012).

The most recent renovations are very nice and the menu is more upscale and diversified than it was before. Not surprisingly, given the name, the fish is still as good as ever: local perch + traditional fish and chips + something new: Barramundi, which they serve as the "house specialty" and bill as "The Healthiest Fish in the World".

My wife had the Barramundi and really enjoyed it. There are better fish & chips in Windsor (Heather Bell; Pat & Hanks) but Menard's was not bad. I prefer their perch & chips. I have not yet tried the burgers but they look and smell very good.

• Visited October 2012