“Excellent Butter Tarts but....”

Roast 'N Toast Family Diner
Ranked #62 of 811 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed May 28, 2014

They have phenomenal tasting butter tarts (cannot attest to the rest of their food). My issue was they were too runny. Thought it was because they were sitting on the counter but we put them in the fridge and that did not seem to help. Tried the peanut butter chocolate chip and the pecan.

sbdoll8, Owner at Roast 'N Toast Family Diner, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thanks alot for stopping in and trying our buttertarts. Sorry if the ones you had tried were a little runny. All of my pastry is homemade and every batch of a dozen is baked separately, sometimes depending if I made my crusts slightly too thick they will turn out runnier than other times. I promise you buttertarts are definitely an art and I am constantly trying to improve on them to maintain quality consistancy. Thanks for your input and review!

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We were in Windsor in early January for girls hockey tournament. Came here after seeing reviews and wanting a good hearty breakfast after early hockey game. My daughter had the apple French toast that she said tasted like apple pie. I had the corned beef hash and it was yummy as well. Really quirky vibe in the place and everyone there seemed to be enjoying their meal. Would definitely come back if in Windsor again.

sbdoll8, Owner at Roast 'N Toast Family Diner, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thanks for choosing us while you were visiting Windsor! It's nice to know new customers are able to find our little place while here, mostly thanks to customers taking their time to let everyone know about their experience with us. We really do appreciate it and are happy to hear you enjoyed your food. Please come back and see us next time you are in Windsor.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I went for brunch with my two young sons today and loved it so much I had to write this review.
We ordered a Meatlover's Skillet, Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast, Pancakes and coffee. Wow. This was by far the best breakfast food I have had in the city of Windsor.
I'm a coffee snob and normally don't like the coffee restaurants serve but their coffee was perfect. The skillet was so filling I had to take half home with me. The French toast was so good that I kept stealing it off my sons plate, and the pancakes must have been good because my 3 and 6 year old boys devoured them.
I'm a fan and will definitely be recommending this place to everyone I know.
Thanks again.

sbdoll8, Owner at Roast 'N Toast Family Diner, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Glad to hear you loved your food and had a great experience! We like to know that people are appreciating the premium Mocha Java coffee we serve, not too strong, not weak and full-of-flavour. We had to get the good stuff because we drink it all day ourselves! Wouldn't want anyone to have to drink a bad cup of coffee to go with a delicious breakfast or lunch. Thanks alot for taking your time to review us, hope to see you and your family and friends again soon. :)

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This place was. Great find. It felt like we had brunch at somebody's home. Good old fashioned home style food. Great value for money. I'm surprised more people haven't reviewed this place. Big serving size, great tasting food and conveniently located. Oils definitely go back next time we're in Windsor.

sbdoll8, Owner at Roast 'N Toast Family Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant, we are always happy to know that people enjoyed their experience at Roast `N Toast and hope to see you next time you are in Windsor! Thanks again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

First time coming to Roast N Toast and it will not be the last.
Great Food. We had breakfast - Corned Beef Hash was Great.
We had a couple of Butter Tarts, they were excellent, can not wait to have some more.

sbdoll8, Owner at Roast 'N Toast Family Diner, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Very glad you tried our buttertarts, we are always trying to make new and unique kinds so please come back anytime you are in Windsor for breakfast or lunch and a buttertart. Thanks alot for reviewing our diner.