“Renovated building should have purged the staff too.” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Leaf Neighbourhood Grill
Ranked #52 of 768 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
“Renovated building should have purged the staff too.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

So here I sit in real time, at the newly renovated Leaf. Been here for a half hour, slowly drinking a pint. Waiting 20 minutes to place my lunch order while two staff members prep cutlery for the dinner rush. My server walks by over and over, oblivious to my existance. Wish I could rate the food, but it appears the 5 other tables in the restaurant are too much for the 5 servers to handle..... Now how long before or if I ever get another beer?? 35 minutes and still no server. 1pm on a Saturday....so apparently there is someone who does work here. 40 minutes in and only 5 minutes to get a beer as Isit at the bar! So the food was finally ordered, (Peri Peri crispy chicken). Tasted ok, wasn't crispy. All in all was ok. Things are looking up! Ab hour and a half is too long to get lunch! This location has been a staple in the neighbourhood, hope it was just an off day!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Randy D

Windsor, Canada
“Nice Enough But Not Really Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here this past Sunday evening, our first visit to The Leaf. The menu has quite a variety of dishes to choose from but is very limited (as many restaurants are) in the vegetarian category. I ordered a vegetable panini with the Leaf's specialty fried and coleslaw, while my husband ordered chicken wings. The service was slow but pleasant enough, although lately we have noticed that wait staff in many restaurants speak in that tone used to cajole or placate unruly children.

My glass of local house wine was a disappointment size-wise. The food was okay but my panini was cold. I ate half of it and brought the rest home, and warmed it up the next day for lunch with some extra cheese on it:). My husband said his wings were good, but the soy ginger lime dipping sauce was very watery. Around 6 pm the place started filling up with locals and regulars, and unfortunately the atmosphere took a turn for the worse as people played noisily on their cell phones, called out from table to table, etc. It's nice to see people having a good time and enjoying a dinner out, but this was on the roadhouse/truck-stop side. In my opinion, prices are overall reasonable, there is a good selection on the menu (for meat-eaters:)), the atmosphere is, hmmm...

Throughout our meal, a waitress was apologizing profusely to the couple at a nearby table. I have no idea what the problem was or if it was rectified. We will probably go back sometime as it is very close to our home, but I'm not in a rush to do so. I did come home with a pretty bad case of what I call "restaurant stomach", my personal barometer of the food served, and something that unfortunately comes into play way too often when dining out.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Zsuzsana
Windsor, Canada
“They have "turned a new leaf"...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

My experience at The Leaf was excellent! The new renovations and menu are terrific; not to mention the fabulous family running it. The waitresses are very generous and happy... ALWAYS smiling and willing to help. I was lucky enough to have the owner's daughter be my waitress. She was very patient, helpful, and fun to talk with. The food was AMAZING... the poutine is to die for. Also, if you have a big appetite and can leave some extra room for dessert... try the Chocolate and Cheesecake Wonton Pillows! The dessert artist has some outstanding talents! GREAT JOB KOBROSLI FAMILY, YOU MAKE WINDSOR PROUD! I will definitely be returning in the near future.

Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service time and time again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been coming to The Leaf for quite some time, and I have yet to be disappointed. Whether I am having the eggs benedict with corn beef hash (which is amazing you really need to try it), or any of their burgers which are on homemade buns (my personal favorite is the blue cheese burger) I have always received a great meal. The servers are always friendly and the decor is something to get lost in. Do your self a favour and check out The Leaf.

1 Thank Brandon1990
Leaf Manager M, Manager at The Leaf Neighbourhood Grill, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you! We appreciate your feedback.
Windsor, Canada
“"Disappointed" They need to work on CUSTOMER SERVICE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I went here for dinner as we were in the neighbourhood. They just remodeled and had spent a lot of money on advertising the new place. So we said lets give them a try.They should have spent money on learning to serve customer better and how to react when they asked how was everything. The food was very slow getting to us and was just ok roasted potatoes were a little cold. Coleslaw was good and French fries were good. I would not return due to the comment from the cashier. She asked how was everything. We replied service was slow. Her reply was we got busy and stuff happens. No apology almost like I didn't really want to know how things were.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We thank you for the time you took to gives us your feedback. All feedback is important to us so we may continue to improve. Your visit was reviewed with the staff member in question. You were asked how everything was because we care about our customers and their feedback. We have discussed your visit with the staff member. Her intention was to let you know we were overwhelmed with business that evening which caused some delays in food arriving within our 20 minutes or less of you placing your order, which is a policy we try to maintain. Please accept our apologies as the servers words were not articulated properly and with no intention to offend you. We hope that you will give The Leaf another chance.