“"Disappointed" They need to work on CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Review of The Leaf Neighbourhood Grill - CLOSED

The Leaf Neighbourhood Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I went here for dinner as we were in the neighbourhood. They just remodeled and had spent a lot of money on advertising the new place. So we said lets give them a try.They should have spent money on learning to serve customer better and how to react when they asked how was everything. The food was very slow getting to us and was just ok roasted potatoes were a little cold. Coleslaw was good and French fries were good. I would not return due to the comment from the cashier. She asked how was everything. We replied service was slow. Her reply was we got busy and stuff happens. No apology almost like I didn't really want to know how things were.

Leaf Manager M, Manager at The Leaf Neighbourhood Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

We thank you for the time you took to gives us your feedback. All feedback is important to us so we may continue to improve. Your visit was reviewed with the staff member in question. You were asked how everything was because we care about our customers and their feedback. We have discussed your visit with the staff member. Her intention was to let you know we were overwhelmed with business that evening which caused some delays in food arriving within our 20 minutes or less of you placing your order, which is a policy we try to maintain. Please accept our apologies as the servers words were not articulated properly and with no intention to offend you. We hope that you will give The Leaf another chance.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went because of all the hype about it being revamped. Looks nice , but the service was not very good. Went for lunch with the staff. Slow service. Tries to be more "fine dining" but falls on its face doing so. The staff are not very friendly. The food is average.

We are sorry your experience was not satisfactory at the time of your visit. It is extremely important to us that every guest leaves happy. We are dedicated to customer service and quality of food. Every feedback we receive is very important to us, positive or negative. We feel feedback is the only way we can continue to improve on areas we fall short. At the time of your visit we had a recent article in the Windsor Star which attracted higher than normal volume of business at the same time. We understand that service might have been slower than average during your visit. Please accept our apologies. Yes the restaurant has been revamped. We feel we have made it a more comfortable and inviting place for our guests to dine in. We are sorry you feel that we are trying to be fine dining establishment as we are a neighbourhood grill with items such as wings, burgers, wraps, sandwiches etc. Our prices also reflect a neighbourhood Grill averaging $5-$18.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This use to be a nice casual restaurant, but they've restyled. Gone are the simple, quality dishes, replaced but 'fancier' poor quality fare. Save your money and try pretty much anywhere else.

1  Thank dawulf
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have personally enjoyed breakfast here a number of time but decided to get 11 of our motorcycle "Ride for MS" crew to join us for dinner here to show our sport as they are Sponsors of this year's event and future year's events! I have to say the Ribs were spectacular which left my own in the dust! My husband had the Liver Dinner and said it's the best he's had for a very long time! Everyone else really enjoyed their meals of Chicken Wings & 3 Cheese Tortellini!

OK dinner was over and we all were feeling very satisfied and when the waitress asked if we wanted dessert, we just had to ask what they had. The apple pie (your own personal apple pie) was fantastic and the creation of cheese cake and a chocolate cake wrapped in a wonton and deep fried was SUPERB!

The service was great, the atmosphere was fantastic and the whole experience of dining there was Fantastic! I would highly recommend dining here for anyone!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I am not a fussy eater and I love to try new places. I used to love going to this restaurant as a child and was pleasantly surprised with the recent renovations. However, the food portions are quite small for the price. The waitress was inattentive and only came by when taking orders. For the same price, you can get a bigger, higher-quality meal somewhere else. I recommend Gatsby's or the Michigan Diner, both nearby on Tecumseh Road.

2  Thank Wes_87