“Seafood Comparison”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Forest Glade
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Having just recently returned from 3 weeks travelling in Newfoundland and having eaten fresh Newfoundland seafood for 17 consecutive dinners, we thought we would try Windsor's Red Lobster for comparison of quality. We selected the Seafood feasts--snow crab, lobsters and shrimps offered in two ways. One of us had corn and I was supposed to have had green beans (they never appeared). The service was excellent--an older chap with a great sense of humour and of service. Well Done!. The seafood was, on the whole, very good. Snow crab was excellent; lobster tail was delicious; and one of the two types of shrimp was excellent the other (sort of fried) was less appealing. The wine list is ordinary but at least they offer half-litres of some entry level wines. Looked over the beer list and, it too, was very ordinary--Kool-Aid beers (Lite)! On the whole the seafood compared well with that we had in Newfoundland--perhaps not entirely as fresh but that is understandable. Aside from my missing green beans, it was a lovely meal enhanced by two birthday parties nearby with all the accompanying laughter. Will visit the restaurant again when next in Windsor.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Decided to finally stop in here after many years and was pleasantly surprised. Quaint interior , relatively quiet and great fish, is this is all we can get around this part of the great lakes.
Staff was pleasant and prompt. Will go back.

1  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our family of four ate here last night. Our server Diane was fantastic. You could tell she cared about her job and wanted to make sure her customers had a good experience. We started with the signature cheddar/garlic biscuits and calamari. Both starters were delicious. Our son had the KD and fries and shared his sister's Admiral's Feast. My husband also had the Admiral's feast and I had the Seafood Trio ( I chose the pecan crusted salmon, coconut shrimp and lobster mac and cheese) The only 'dud' was the salmon, not much flavour. The rest was quite good- there was just way too much of it! We all had doggie bags at the end of the meal. We've had better, fresher seafood- but this was still very good. A good place to go with kids.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are regulars here 2-3 times a month. Always consistent hot and fresh.

I usually order the Ultimate Feast. Prices have steadily crept up over the years but its understandable. Awesome Blue Cheese salad dressing. Btw very good burgers and chicken sandwiches at lunch time and very reasonably priced.

I've had maybe 3 not so great dining experiences. Once one of my lobster tails was borderline raw. Another the food was just warm.

Price 9/10
Quality 10/10
Service 8.5/10
Atmosphere 9/10

3  Thank GordonRamsaySr
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We go to this Red Lobster at least once a year, usually my Birthday, but we went this time for Lobsterfest. We ordered Lobster Lover's Dream and Dueling Lobster and shared both (actually leftovers in the fridge for a snack today) we had the free appitzer lobster atrichoke dip, a must, yum, the best part about our visit was CARRIE our waitress...she was amazing.