“Good Lebanese food”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Riverside
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

If in Windsor save a trip to Dearborn. The place is a little over priced but their food is great. They have seating space for a large parties as well. Convenient location and parking at the back. The dessert menu is also nice.

There are newer reviews for El Mayor

Reviewed February 25, 2013

this is the best in windsor , i drive in from tecumseh to eat here, i have tried others ,but nothing comparesd to the food or the service. i love this place i wish they would open one on the east side

Thank MRS.TRAVELS.OFTEN
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last week the wife and I had an early dinner at El Mayor. We arrived around 4pm on a Friday. The restaurant was not busy. Only 2 other tables of guests besides ours. The hostess/waitress greeted us promptly and seated us at one of the booths. My first experience with the food at El Mayor was with take out food. This time we decided to dine in.

We had the exact same dish we ordered for take out previously. We ordered the dinner platter for 2. It had 2 chicken skewers, 2 beef and 2 lamb. This time we decided to get fries instead of rice for the side. (The rice last time was good) This platter came with hummus, garlic spread, pita bread, various BBQ veg such as green pepper, whole onion, roasted tomato on a bed of sliced fresh onion and lettuce leaf. Also included was a large fresh salad. The fries were seasoned well and were tasty. We enjoyed our meal. We took some home because there was plenty of food. At the end of our meal we were offered some Turkish coffee. The coffee was alright. To our surprise the coffee was free of charge. We will be going back soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

It all depended on the Kibbi as to whether we would be back. Needless to say the Kibbi as well as all the other food we ordered was great. Already told my family to plan our family gathering at the ElMayor for next year. Between now and then, I'll be visiting The El Mayor whenever I take my Windsor family out. The service made me feel like I was in my mother's kitchen and you can't get better than that!

Susan
Clinton Twp, MI

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We eat here every chance we get because this type of cuisine uses such fresh and healthy ingredients and we can always get lots of vegetables, which is sadly missing at most restaurants. Also, these are dishes I would never attempt at home, and I consider myself an above average cook. The hummus is smooth and full of flavor and made from scratch. Their shawarmas and fattouche are perfectly seasoned. Portions are more than adequate and we usually take home the extra. Long time wait staff Lina and Rima are friendly and attentive. Hands down this is our favourite of all the middle eastern restaurants in the area.